San Angelo CC to Host the West Texas Amateur
Angelo CC to Host the West Texas Amateur
July 19-21, 2013
Golf Association is excited to be returning to San Angelo Country Club for the
2013 West Texas Amateur. San Angelo CC, set about an hour and a half southwest
of Abilene, was opened in 1928. The 6,658
yard par 71 layout has bentgrass greens and bermuda fairways. The tremendous layout was designed by
renowned golf course architect John Bredemus, who has designed many courses in
Texas. San Angelo CC last hosted the West Texas Amateur in 2008.
The format for the championship is set for 54 holes of
individual stroke play consisting of three divisions – Open (any age),
Senior (55 or older as of the tournament start date) and Super Senior (65 or
older as of the tournament date. Each
division will play from a different set of tees/yardages with a separate
champion being crowned in each division. Entries are open to male amateur
golfers who reside in either region (North/South) of the state of Texas. Applicants must have a certified GHIN Handicap Index of 10.0 or less and
meet the requirements listed in the “TGA Policies and Procedures”.
The West Texas Amateur has become one of the Texas Golf Association’s
most popular events. It is a fierce
competition between the best players in the state and has been home to low
scores and high drama in recent years. In 2012, Mike Calef continued his successful
season by winning the Open division. Tim Carlton walked away with a two shot
victory in the Senior division over Phil Austin. In the Super Senior division,
Mike Gooden held off Harold Speer, who shot a final round 66, to win by two shots.
- Drop your answers below ⬇️
📆 Event Calendar Available at: https://www.txga.org/event-directory/?event_year=2021&event_month=any
- 12 Players Invited to 2021 Curtis Cup Practice Session The USGA has invited 12 top female amateur golfers to take part in a 2021 Curtis Cup practice session at Lake Nona in Orlando, Fla., later this month. 1 Likes
- 📢 Registration Now Open 📢
TGA Member Clubs/Facilities, don't miss the opportunity to play against each other in our annual team match play competition, the #TexasLeaguePlay! Learn more and sign up today: https://www.txga.org/texas-league-play-general-information-2021 1 Likes
- Lone Star Golf December 2020Champions GC Shines at 75th U.S. Women's Open Facing more challenges, stress and extraordinary complications than imaginable, Champions Golf Course Shines, executing an unforgettable 75th U.S. Women's Open! Follow the link for the full story. #LoneStarGolf
https://qoo.ly/39utfdce2f7-0f4dcfcc7e-# 3 Likes
- Timeline Photos #TGAMembers don't miss this month's 48-hour #TexasTuesday deal! Save up to 50% off TGA-customized #UnderArmour apparel & #ClubGlove bags. Check your email for access to the Texas Tuesday Vault! Not a member? Sign up today! https://buff.ly/3gRu264 #TGAPlayersBox 1 Likes
- #WomenWorthWatching We believe that women's #golf is worth watching. But did you know that of all #sports covered in America, only 4 percent feature #female #athletes?
Join the conversation #WomenWorthWatching
https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/women-worth-watching.html 2 Likes
- Tillie Claggett Makes LPGA Debut at the VOA Classic 👏 Good luck, Tillie Claggett! #VOAClassic 3 Likes
- Supporting Triumph Over Kids Cancer is personal for Scheffler Texas native and #LJTAlumni, Scottie Scheffler, recently supported Triumph Over Kid Cancer. His personal connection to the charity runs deep and dates back to his time playing on the Legends Junior Tour!
#JARMemorial 12 Likes
- Giving Tuesday Play Day- Crown Colony Country Club Event Portal :: Join us in Lufkin, TX for a special #GivingTuesday event, where all proceeds go toward the #TGAFoundation.
📍 Crown Colony
📅 Tues., Dec. 1 @ 10AM
🏌️♂️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf, Lunch & Prizes
Follow ... 1 Likes