Deerwood Club to host 2013 South Amateur
The 2013 Texas Golf Association’s South Regional Championship schedule concludes with the South Amateur Championship. The year’s final chance to earn Regional Player of the Year points will be played at Kingwood’s Deerwood Club from August 9-11. Familiar to numerous national qualifying events, this will be Deerwood’s first TGA regional championship.
The format for the event is 54 holes of stroke play. Entries are open to male amateur golfers residing in the South Texas region as defined by the Sections of the Texas PGA (31st parallel, Salado TX and south is the break point). Applicants must have a certified GHIN Handicap Index of 8.4 or less and meet the requirements listed in the “TGA Policies and Procedures”.
Deerwood has a rich tradition of hosting high profile events in their 31 year history. A two-time host of the Texas Amateur, 1986 and 1999, Deerwood has also been the host site for various USGA qualifying rounds, including the US Senior Open and US Open. Deerwood has also had the privilege of being one of the host sites for different stages of PGA Tour qualifying. Most notably they were one of the courses used in the Warner Brothers movie “Tin Cup” starring Kevin Costner.
Designed by Joe Finger, Ken Dye and Byron Nelson, Deerwood opened in September 1982. With Lake Houston coming into play throughout the layout, Deerwood has placed a premium on accuracy both off of the tee as well as with one’s iron play. Their most recognizable hole would be the 4th hole, which was used at the 18th hole of the US Open in “Tin Cup”. The 4th hole has also received recognition by the Dallas Morning News as one of the toughest 18 holes in Texas.
The 2012 South Amateur Championship, conducted at Sealy’s River Ridge Golf Club, saw Katy’s Albert Miner claim his first South Amateur Championship. Miner began his final round two strokes behind the leader, only to rally to win by one stroke over Sugar Land’s Joey Rippel. Miner was one of four Sam Houston State University Bearkat golfers in the field.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post All 😃’s as Round 1 of the #Texas4Ball gets underway from Horseshoe Bay Resort Apple Rock! ⏰
ℹ️ More info: https://www.txga.org/tga-texas-four-ball-texas-golf-association-2021/
🔢 Leaderboard: golfgenius.com/pages/2863285
Texas Golf Association is at AppleRock Golf Course. 11 Likes
- Texas Four-Ball Set for Aug. 27-29 Texas Four-Ball Set for Aug. 27-29
“We are extremely excited to have the opportunity to return to Horseshoe Bay Resort for this year’s Texas Four-Ball Championship.” -Chris Untiedt, TGA Tournament Director
Follow the 🔗 for more. 5 Likes
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsThank you TGA for a beautiful tribute to such an amazing man. John was simply the BEST! He will be ...Oh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...