Lee Sandlin Wins North Senior Amateur at Texas Star
The 2013 North Senior Amateur presented by UST Mamiya
concluded on Wednesday at Texas Star Golf Course in Euless. The tough
conditions caused the starting field of 78 to dwindle considerably for the event
and a one-hole playoff was required to determine the eventual champion.
Round 2 greeted players with temperatures that hung in the high
30’s for most of the day. Second round play got underway promptly at 8:00am under
strong winds and light rain. Round 2 was
interrupted about half was through the day when play was suspended do to lightning
for an hour and a half.
Richard Waggoner started the day two shots out of the lead
but determined to make a run. Waggoner shot four over on each side of the
course and carded a 78, the low round of the day and was the early leader in
the clubhouse at 154. Playing immediately behind Waggoner was first round
leader Lee Sandlin. Sandlin started his round with five bogeys on the front
nine, and followed that with five more on his first eight holes on the back
nine. Suspecting that he needed to get at least a shot back on his last hole,
Sandlin went on to birdie the 18th to tie Waggoner in the clubhouse
at 12-over, 154. The two players headed
back to the 18th tee for a sudden death playoff to determine the
champion. In the first and only hole of the playoff, Waggoner’s second shot
went slightly farther than he had hoped on the par five and rolled into the
water hazard crossing the fairway. After dropping, he hit his next shot behind
the hole about 20 feet away for par. Sandlin set himself up perfectly hitting
his third shot from the fairway to within five feet. After Waggoner’s missed
par putt, Sandlin easily two-putted for his par to become the 2013 North Senior
Michael Hastings, one of the four players tied for the lead
after round one, posted a solid round of 82 to pull away from the field in the Super Senior division.
Hastings total of 161 was three shots better than his playing partner, Paul
Nuckolls of Garland. Nuckolls began the round also tied for the lead and shot
85 in the second round to finish alone in second place at 164.
The TGA would like to thank Texas Star for playing a great
host, as well as north regional presenting sponsor UST Mamiya for their support
of amateur golf. Full results for the event can be found at www.txga.org.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes