Three Teams Tied Heading Into Final Round
May 18, 2013 – (Horseshoe Bay, TX) Teams jockeyed for position all day during the second round of the 2013 State Four-Ball Championship, hosted by Horseshoe Bay’s Summit Rock Golf Club. Teams did their best to go low during Saturday’s “Moving Day” to ready themselves for the final round. All three divisions have a myriad of teams trying to win the first state championship of the 2013 season.
Teams raced up the leader board in the Championship division. There are three teams tied at 12-under par 132 after two rounds. The team of Steve Colwick and Rodney Thompson turned in the low round of the Championship division with an 8-under par 64. They were able to record two birdies on the front nine before rattling off five straight birdies to start the back nine. They finished their round with eight birdies and zero bogeys. Also part of the three-way tie for the lead are Josh Swanson/Joe Bendetti and Chris Davis/Russell Helson. Both teams turned in 7-under 65 second rounds with Swanson/Bendetti making eight birdies and one bogey and Davis/Helson pocketing seven birdies in their bogey-free round. There are 25 teams that made the cut for the Championship division, which fell at 2-under par 142.
In the Senior division the team of Lee Sandlin and Warren Huddleston seemed to make every putt during their second round en route to a second round 8-under par 64. The Dallas duo turned in nine birdies on their card with a single bogey. They will head into the final round with a one stroke lead at 12-under par 132 over Bob Kearney and Gary Durbin. Kearney/Durbin find themselves at 11-under par 133 thanks to a second round 7-under 65. Ten teams are at 5-under par 139 or better that made the cut.
Finally, in the Super Senior division three teams find themselves in the red heading into the final round. Leading the way is team of Bob Hullender and Mike Rice. The team from San Antonio followed up their opening round 5-under 67 with a second round 1-under par 71. They will have a two stroke lead at 6-under 138 over Patrick and Mickey Cooper, who sit at 4-under par 140. Alone in third after two rounds is the pair of Don Grider and Darrell Haney at 3-under par 141.
For the second day in a row the State Four-Ball Championship saw another ace on the par three 15th hole. Today’s hole-in-one was recorded by San Antonio’s Zan Terry who used a 9-iron on the 157 yard hole.
In all, 41 teams across all three divisions will head into the final round of State Four-Ball Championship. Tee times will start again at 8:00am off of holes #1 and #11 with the Senior and Super Senior divisions playing first, followed by the Championship division.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes