Anderson Holds Lead Heading Into Final Round
Anderson Holds Lead Heading Into Final Round
(Houston, TX) Fifty-seven golfers entered today’s third
round of the 104th Texas Amateur presented by Insperity looking to
make the most of what many call moving day. With only two rounds left to stake
their claim at the H.L. Edwards trophy, many players knew that Saturday’s round
would be incredibly important in placing themselves in a position to make a
charge on Sunday. Continuing to live up to its reputation, Lakeside Country
Club once again provided players with an immaculate course on which to compete
and score with several players taking full advantage during Saturday’s third
Round two co-leaders Doug Manor and Nathan Anderson found
themselves paired together in today’s final group which set things up for an
exciting day. It was a back and forth battle for the entire round in which both
players relinquished and regained the lead several times. Manor was the first
to falter after an errant second shot on the second hole left him a 40 yard
pitch under trees. Unable to get it up and down, Anderson took a one shot lead heading
into the par 5, fifth. Faced with a lengthy par putt on the par three, fourth
hole, Anderson ran his putt just past the hole which put both he and Manor both
at nine under par for the tournament. The back and forth play continued through
the front nine with Manor taking a one shot lead after rolling in a birdie putt
on the ninth. Making the turn Anderson caught fire carding birdies at holes 11,
13, 15, 17, and 18. With only one lone bogey on the back nine, Anderson closed
his round with a four under par 32 giving him a tournament total of eleven
under par, 205. Manor played well on his closing nine posting eight pars and a
birdie on his way to a third round of one over par, 73. Manor’s three day total
of 207 places him in second place two shots behind Anderson heading into
tomorrow’s final round.
Several players took advantage of moving day with strong
performances. Scott Newell, who competes at Oral Roberts University, carded the
low round of the day firing a six under par, 66. After making bogey on his
second hole of the day, Newell found magic carding birdies on three of his next
four holes. Another bogey on the par 4, tenth, didn’t faze Newell as he then
rallied off five more birdies coming in, four of which came on his last four
holes of the day. His 208 total places Newell in third place heading into
Sunday. Adding to the collegiate players making a move up the leaderboard on
Saturday was University of Texas golfer Kramer Hickok. Hickok posted a third
round of 68 which included six birdies and just two bogeys. His tournament
total of seven under par places him in a tie for fourth with SFA player Luke
Sheehan and University of Houston golfer Wesley McClain. In all, twenty-three
players find themselves in red figures heading into tomorrow’s final round
which promises to be full of spectacular golf.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes