Redferns and Salcedos Tied for the Lead
Redferns and Salcedos Tied for the Lead
Crowded Leader Boards in the Net Flights
Kingwood, TX – The Father-Son Championship brings together families from around the state for a great bonding experience as well as great competition on the golf course. The Lake Course at the Clubs of Kingwood is the backdrop for this year’s championship and is proving to be a good test for the field as the club hosts its first state championship.
Father-Son veterans, Juan and Juan Jose Salcedo are tied for the lead in the Championship Flight after a first round of seven under-par 65. Juan Jose made five birdies to help his team to the top of the leader board. Ken and Trent Redfern matched the Salcedo team with 65 of their own. Trent Redfern carded eight birdies to offset the team’s lone bogey. One shot off the pace is the team of Ron and Ryan Rogers, who overcame three bogies to shoot 66.
In the Hogan Flight, Davis and Douglas Northcutt are tied with Robert and Tim Mills after firing seven under-par rounds of net 65. The Northcutt team made seven net birdies and no bogeys, while the Mills team used two eagles to move up the leader board. The Nelson Flight saw the lowest net rounds of the morning wave, as Randy Mattingley and Trey Rowe opened with net 59 to lead by one shot over Mike and James LaRose. Mattingley and Rowe used an incredible front nine of net 27 to post their low number while the LaRose team used three eagles to keep pace.
Dennis and Mark Miller jumped out to a one shot lead in the Crenshaw Flight after an opening round of net 65. The Millers made eight net birdies, with only two bogies keeping them from a bigger lead. The teams of Jacob and Skip Kaup, Kevin and Nate LaBreche, Christopher and Jeff Mudd are all tied for second place in the flight thanks to six under-par rounds of net 66. Larry and Larry James Caraway lead the Kite Flight after a strong opening round of net 66. The Caraway team got off to a great start with four net birdies on their front nine and added two more early in the back nine to take a three shot lead after round one. Jimmy and Ron Hill are in second place after opening with a three under par net round of 69.
The Championship Flight will play gross four-ball during the first two rounds. After two rounds, the top 20 teams and ties will play a combined score format for the final round to determine the overall champions. The remaining teams from the Championship Flight will form the Presidents Flight and play a third round of gross four-ball. All other flights (Hogan, Nelson, Crenshaw, Kite) will play three rounds of net four-ball. All champions will be crowned based on their 54-hole total score.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes