Salcedos Win Weather-Shortened Father-Son
Salcedos Capture Weather-Shortened Father-Son
Large Margins of Victory in the Net Flights
Kingwood, TX – A lightning filled storm brought play to a halt for the Championship and Presidents Flights Sunday afternoon. Since not all the teams were able to complete their third rounds, the final results were based on their 36-hole total scores. Juan and Jose Salcedo claimed their second victory in this championship, while co-champions were awarded in the Presidents Flight. Luckily for those playing in the Net Flights, weather was not an issue for the morning wave and all teams completed their final round.
Juan and Juan Jose Salcedo carded four-ball rounds of 65 and 68 to finish at eleven under-par for the week. That total was good for a one shot victory and their second Father-Son Championship, adding to their victory in 2008. Ken and Trent Redfern fired rounds of 65 and 69 to finish one shot off the pace. The Presidents Flight was formed after the second round, and although they were not able to complete play co-champions were declared. Bob and Robert Haslam tied Gene and Jean-Paul Aube with a two day total of one under-par. The Haslam team carded rounds of 71 and 72, while the Aubes fired 73 and 70 to tie at the top of the flight.
The team of Craig and Scott Maurer claimed a two shot victory in the Hogan Flight. With rounds of net 68-62-67, the Maurer team finished at nineteen under-par for the week. The Maurers made six birdies to overcome a lone bogey in the final round. Douglas and David Northcutt finished second in the flight, after a final round of net 68 left them at seventeen under-par. In the Nelson Flight, the team of Randy Mattingley and Trey Rowe claimed a wire-to-wire victory. Mattingley and Rowe cruised to a five stroke win with rounds of net 59-67-65. Chris and Garon Goodspeed made a charge with a final round of net 61 to move up the leader board and take second place in the flight.
The Crenshaw Flight saw another wire-to-wire victory as Dennis and Mark Miller won by a commanding eight shots. The Miller team made seven birdies, an eagle, and one bogey in their final round to finish at twenty-six under-par for the week. Skip and Jacob Kaup fired a final round of net 67 to finish alone in second place. The team of Larry and James Caraway took home the title in the Kite Flight thanks to three straight rounds of net 66. The Carways finished at eighteen under-par for the week, which was good enough for a six shot victory. Overnight co-leaders, Jimmy and Ron Hill turned in a final round of net 72 to fall into second place in the flight.
The Championship Flight played gross four-ball during the first two rounds. After two rounds, the top 20 teams and ties were scheduled to play a combined score format for the final round to determine the overall champions. The remaining teams from the Championship Flight formed the Presidents Flight and were scheduled to playd a third round of gross four-ball. All other flights (Hogan, Nelson, Crenshaw, and Kite) played three rounds of net four-ball.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes