Larry and Chris Garner Lead after Second Round
Kerrville, TX – The second round of the Stableford Handicap again yielded numerous good scores as teams tried to position themselves within their flights. Riverhill Country Club again had no defense as light winds allowed the players to be very aggressive. Seven teams have positive point totals after two days, but everyone is chasing past champions Larry and Chris Garner.
Robert Cheaney and Edward Leutsch continued their strong play to lead the Hogan Flight. After two rounds, Cheaney and Leutsch sit at +4.5 points which is good for a 6 point lead in the flight and puts them in third place overall. The team of Jamey Freisleben and Russell Schroeder had the best round of the day in the flight with +3.5 points and will try to make up the rest of their deficit on Sunday. In the Nelson Flight, David and DJ Allen charged up the leader board with a round of +6 points. The Allens, 2006 champions of this event, hold a 2 point edge over first round leaders Alan Culberson and Jerry Weathersby.
The Crenshaw Flight leader board is crowded with 3 teams having a positive point total after two days. First round leaders Michael Pacillio and Butch Vaut continue to lead, but their advantage has shrunk to 4 points. Pacillio and Vaut also sit in second place in the overall standings, just 2.5 points out of the lead. Michael Mowles and Don Cole posted their second consecutive plus point round to move into second place in the flight. In the Kite Flight Larry and Chris Garner increased their lead to 9.5 points thanks to rounds of +6 and +4 points. The Garners, 2008 champions, will look to hold on to their flight and overall lead during the final round. Korby Keeney and Tony Gann lost some ground on the Garners, but remain in second place in the flight with a two day total of +0.5 points.
The format for the tournament is scheduled for 54 holes using Modified Stableford Scoring System. Teams will be pre-flighted based on the two players’ combined handicap indexes. Total score for 54 holes will be used to determine final standings in each flight. The overall winner will be the team with the most plus points or fewest minus points, regardless of flight. Under the Modified Stableford Scoring System (see below for more) points are awarded for the score a player makes at each hole – one point for bogey, two for par, three for birdie, and four for eagle. Each team has a pre-assigned quota of points to earn, which is 72 less 90% of the sum of each player’s course handicap. The quota is adjusted each day by 50% of the team’s excess or deficit. Day 1 Team Quota = 72 points, less the sum of 90% of each players course handicap. Day 2 & 3 Quotas = Prior day’s quota adjusted by ½ of the previous days excess or deficit.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes