Record Number of Entries for 105th Texas Amateur
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
DALLAS – Records continue to fall in the run-up to the 105th Texas Amateur presented by Insperity to be held June 12-15 at historic Brook Hollow Golf Club.
Not only is Brook Hollow set to host an unprecedented ninth Texas Amateur, but also the Texas Golf Association received more applications for this years championship than ever. That the two are related is hardly a coincidence, as everyone worth their soft spikes relishes the opportunity to play one of the stateÂ’s most renowned championship venues.
The total of 767 entrants not counting the additional 84 who are expected to enter "Last Chance Qualifying"Â– surpasses the 745 for the 2006 Texas Amateur at Dallas Country Club. That's a testament to the growth and popularity of the Texas Amateur and the drawing power of
Among the record total are 37 players, including three past champions, who are fully exempt from qualifying. The current exempt list also includes the No. 1-ranked junior in the country and reigning U.S. Junior champion Scottie Scheffler of Dallas along with 10 individuals who combined have an impressive 12 state titles under their belt.
To determine the remaining 107 spots in the 144-player starting field, which is shaping up to be one of the strongest ever assembled, 18-hole qualifiers are being held at 19 sites across the state from April 8 to June 3.
The format for the championship is 72 holes of individual stroke play. All contestants play 18 holes on both June 12-13. After 36 holes the field will be cut to the low 54 scores and ties heading into the final two rounds on Saturday and Sunday.
Dallas native Doug Manor, who took home the H.L. Edwards Memorial Trophy last year at Lakeside CC in Houston, will be back to defend his title. The then 32-year-old Manor became the first mid-amateur to win the Texas Amateur since 2001, when Bob Kearny won the title at Houston CC.
Founded in 1920, Brook Hollow was designed by A.W. Tillinghast, one of the giants in the "Golden Age" of golf course architecture in America. Tillinghast'Â’s beautiful and strategic approach has stood the test of time and is clearly evident throughout Brook Hollow. Tree-lined fairways, bunker-protected greens and contoured putting surfaces are elegantly combined to demand the most from a golfer's shot-making and course management skills.
In addition to hosting eight previous Texas Amateurs, dating back to 1924, Brook Hollow Golf Club has welcomed many other prestigious events in its venerated history. Among much else, the club has been the site of ten Trans-Mississippi Championships (Amateur, Senior Amateur and Four-Ball), as well as the 1987 U.S. Mid-Amateur.
Admission to the 105th Texas Amateur is free and spectators are encouraged to attend. Once the action begins June 12 at Brook Hollow, look to txga.org for live scoring updates, daily recaps, tee-times and pairings.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes