Traditions Set for 2014 Mid-Am Match Play
The 2014 State Mid-Amateur Match Play Championship will be contested Thursday, July 24, through Sunday, July 27, at the Traditions Club in Bryan.
The Traditions Club was designed by one of golf’s premier architects, Jack Nicklaus, and his son Jack, Jr. Utilizing the natural rolling terrain, the 18-hole championship layout meanders its way along Turkey Creek and puts a premium on shot placement and a steady hand on the putting greens.
First conducted by the Texas Golf Association in 1999, the State Mid-Amateur Match Play, along with the State Public Links, is one of only two events on the annual schedule to feature head-to-head competition.
The format for the championship is 18 holes of stroke play qualifying on Thursday, July 24, with the low 32 scores advancing to match play. First and second round matches will be played Friday, July 25; quarterfinals and semifinals on Saturday, July 26; and the final on Sunday, July 27. All matches are 18 holes.
Mike Booker of The Woodlands will attempt to become the first person to successfully defend his title. Booker, who went on to be named the 2013 Senior Player of the Year, will be up against an exceptionally strong 90-player field that includes: 2010 champion John Bearrie of Arlington; 2011 champion Jess Bonneau of Houston; 2012 South Regional Player of the Year John Dowdall of Houston; and Tony Soerries of Montgomery, winner of the 2013 South Amateur and the 2014 South Mid-Amateur.
Results from stroke play qualifying and all match play rounds, as well as starting times and pairings, will be posted on the Texas Golf Association web site (txga.org). For additional information about the State Mid-Amateur Match Play, please contact the Main Office at (214) 468-8942.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes