Davies, Dill Lead After Round One At Women's Partnership
HORSESHOE BAY—Sissy Davies and Diane Dill of Montgomery earned 16 points to take the overall lead in the first round of the Women’s Partnership on Monday at Horseshoe Bay Resort. Davies and Dill each made one birdie in their first round and combined for pars.
The Partnership uses a two-player team quota system to determine the winner of each of the six flights and an overall winning team. Competitors accumulate points as follows: A double bogey is awarded one point; a bogey awarded two points; a par awarded three points; a birdie awarded five points; an eagle earns the player eight points; a double eagle earns 10 points and a hole in one earns the player 12 points. Each competitor has a partner in the 36-hole event, and the two scores are totaled together for the overall team score versus the team quota.
Lettia Collins of Spring and Karen Northcutt of The Woodlands are in second place in the Overall Championship and lead the first flight with 14 points. Davies and Dill lead the second flight with 16 points over Terry Dukes and Laura Scott, who have six points.
San Antonio’s Rebecca Spears and Lakeway’s Carolyn Henry lead the third flight with 11 points, while Smithville’s Laurie Eyting and Austin’s Teresa Phillips lead the fourth flight with 10 points.
In the fifth flight, Judy Harris of Abilene and Debbie Cummings of Lubbock lead with one point, while Shirley Robertson and Deb Yarbrough lead the sixth flight with eight points.
Team quotas are adjusted by 50 percent for the final round on Tuesday at Ram Rock Golf Course. The 120-player field features 60 teams competing in the 13th annual Partnership Tournament.
The Partnership has been contested each year since 2003 when Jacque Cooper and Yvonne Gilmore won the overall championship at Dallas Athletic Club. Last year, Chris Johnson and Bonnie Longaker won the overall championship at Riverbend Country Club. Johnson and Longaker combined for a grand total of 28 points, making 22 of those points in the first round.
Horseshoe Bay Resort’s Ram Rock Course was designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. and is known as the “Challenger” with its narrow fairway and rolling bentgrass greens. Ram Rock features 62 deep bunkers and ten water hazards and natural dry creeks. The 120-player field is playing Ram Rock Golf Course at 5,306 yards.
Tuesday’s final round will be a shotgun start at 8:30 AM. To view all scores from the Partnership, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes