Tom and Will Doughtie Win Record 5th Father-Son Title
Tom and Will Doughtie Win Record Fifth Texas Father-Son
The Woodlands, TX- Tom and Will Doughtie go wire-to-wire to win the 2015 Texas Father-Son by two at The Woodlands Country Club- Tournament Course. Will and Tom shot a 71 and 77 respectively to clinch the title with a final score of 285.
After 36 holes the Championship Division was divided into the top 16 teams and ties that would go on to play the final round using combined score. The remaining 16 teams continued their final rounds using the gross four-ball format.
Tom and Will Doughtie from Amarillo made it tight with bogeys on the last hole, but their steady play throughout the day help prevail as the champions. Tom and Will Doughtie’s victory is their record fifth victory in the Father-Son Championship. Their last championship came in 2004 at Columbia Lakes just south of Houston.
Peach and Jay Reynolds finished second in the championship with an overall score of 287. They made it close with the Doughtie with rounds of 76 and 73 respectively. Randy and Hunter Rawls from Lubbock finished solo third 294.
The President’s Flight was won by Danny and Mark Lee whose 215 gross four-ball total was two better than Alan and Tucker Fama who finished at 217, good enough for solo second place. The Lee’s day included seven total birdies and only two bogeys. Their efforts made them the lone team under par for the President’s Flight.
In the Hogan Flight, Doug and Davis Northcuttt used a final round net 63, 194 total to walk away as victors of their flight by nine total strokes. The Georgetown duo, didn’t record one bogey on the day and nine net birdies including two net birdies on the last two holes. Mark and Mason Busbee finished in second place with a three day total of 203.
Trey Rowe and Randy Mattingley overtook Blake and Gary Tolbert with a fantastic finish to will the Nelson Flight. Rowe and Marringley are now three for three winning their respective flight. Net birdies on #16, #17 and #18, their last three holes, helped them rally past the Tolbert duo. Their 205 total, nine-under par effort was enough to win by one.
In the Crenshaw Flight, Doug and Brett Chandler won by a five shot margin over Rick and Kyle Nelson. The Chandler’s round couldn’t have gone much better as the pair recorded eight net birdies and no bogeys. Net birdies on #17 and #18 sealed their victory as the Nelson’s recorded net pars on the same holes. The blemish free card was also the low round on the day.
Michael and Blake Cameron used a net 69 total 206, to top Jim and Jimmy Weeks by two to take the Kite Flight crown. The Cameron’s round featured four birdies, three bogeys and a net eagle. The Week’s attempted to mount a comeback with three net eagles and three net birdies. A net eagle on their last however wasn’t enough as the Cameron’s had a net birdie and took the title.
This year’s championship was contested at the famed Tournament Course at The Woodlands Country Club, past home of the Shell Houston Open and current host of the Insperity Invitational on the Champions Tour.
The Texas Golf Association would like to thank The Woodlands Country Club members, professional staff and grounds crew as the championship was a huge success once again. The 2016 Championship will be contested at Horseshoe Bay Resort on the Apple Rock Course, July 8-10th.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes