Garrett and Fenimore, Co-Medalists in Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Qualifying Round
Houston – Tyler Garrett and Dru Fenimore earned Co-Medalist honors during the Stroke Play Qualifying Round of the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Championship at historic Lakeside Country Club. This is Lakeside CC’s second TGA state championship, having hosted the 104th Texas Amateur in 2013.
Garrett, of Houston, began his round with a bogey on the par-three 10th. Garrett was able to turn it around with a birdie on the par-four 12th. He would remain even par until he carded an eagle on the par-four 17th. Tyler’s only hiccup of the day was a double bogey on the par-three fourth. Garret bounced back quickly and made birdies on both holes five and six.
Fenimore, of Dallas, began his round with a bogey on the par-four first. Fenimore carded six pars and two birdies for an opening nine total of one-under 35. Fenimore started his second nine, in a similar fashion, with a bogey on the par-three 10th. Fenimore would go on to card six pars and two birdies to close out his second nine with a one-under 35. Fenimore’s two-under par 70 would earn him Co-Medalists honors with Garrett.
Three players broke par during the Stroke Play Qualifying Round at Lakeside CC. The heat and heavy wind gusts were a definite factor during the round. The par 72 layout played at an average of seven and a half strokes over par. The twelve double bogeys that were made on the par-three fourth made it the hardest hole of the day.
Brooks Price, of Dallas, fell short of sharing medalist honors by one stroke. Joe Depaula, Eric Lodge, and James Glenn tied for fourth with an even par 72. The bulk of the qualifiers came in with a two-over par total of 74. The group at 74 includes past champions Mike Peck, Mike Booker, and Terrance Miskell.
At the conclusion of play, eleven players were tied with a three-over par total of 75. When it was time for the playoff, ten players were present for the remaining nine match play spots. Eight of the ten players parred the first playoff hole, hole 10, and the remaining two made bogey. Jess Bonneau, last year’s runner-up and champion in 2011, was one of the first eight to survive the playoff. Todd Dillingham and Hill Adams would continue on the second playoff-hole, hole 17, to find out who would get the last spot in the round of 32. Dillingham hit his approach shot to four feet on the par-four 17th and claimed the final spot into Match Play with a birdie.
Lakeside CC, in addition to this week’s championship and the Texas Amateur, has hosted multiple USGA qualifying events, including the US Open Local and Sectional as well as the US Junior Amateur and US Senior Amateur in recent years.
Round of 32 matches will start at 7:30 am on Friday, followed by the Round of 16 matches in the afternoon starting at 1:00 pm.
For complete scoring from Thursday’s Qualifying Round, click here. For more information on the 2015 Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Championship, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes