Guercio and Jones Lead the Collegiate Preview After First Two Rounds
ANNA—Crosby Guercio of Frisco fired rounds of 71-67 and leads the Boys Division at the Collegiate Preview by one stroke after Monday’s first two rounds. Dallas’ Hailey Jones holds a two-stroke lead in the Girls Division at Hurricane Creek Country Club.
This is the Legends Junior Tour’s third annual Collegiate Preview and the fourth event thus far in 2016. The Collegiate Preview is modeled after a college-style event and is set to prepare junior golfers for the next level. The tournament features 78 golfers who are all over the age of 14 years.
Weather was a factor in this year’s Collegiate Preview, causing a 45-minute weather delay just after 12:00 PM. However players were able to navigate the challenging Leon Howard design course and complete the first two rounds of the event.
Guercio, who finished tied for fifth in last year’s rain-shortened Collegiate Preview, made nine birdies in two rounds on Monday, including five in his bogey-free second round. Guercio started on the 10th hole on Monday and made back-to-back birdies on holes No. 16 & 17.
Trailing by one stroke in the Boys Division is Tucker Allen, who carded rounds of 70-69 to sit at 5-under-par 139 overall after the first two rounds. The Granbury native played the par-3s and par-4s at 4-under on Monday, making birdies on eight of the 26 holes.
Two players are tied for third heading into Tuesday’s final round. Plano native’s Travis McInroe and Pierceson Coody each sit at 3-under 141. Coody, who is the reigning Boys 15-18 Player of the Year, made an eagle on the third hole, a 405-yard par 4, which played as his final hole Monday. McInroe finished tied for 13th in last year’s event.
Tobin Niblett of Austin, Ryan Grider of Lewisville and Kyle Robinson of Fayetteville, Ark. each sit at 2-under-par 142 and are tied for fifth. Niblett posted a 5-under 67 in the second round, while Robinson made 12 birdies on the day and played the par-5s at 7-under. Grider is the two-time defending champion of this event and sits just four strokes back heading into Tuesday’s final round.
Jones, who has won two events thus far in 2016, leads the Girls Division after rounds of 73-74 on Monday. The Winter Classic and James A. Ragan Memorial Champion made seven birdies on the day and an eagle on the par-5 15th hole.
Trailing Jones heading after the first two rounds is Jennie Park, who won the inaugural North Texas Classic last October. The Carrollton native posted rounds of 71-78 and sits at 6-over-par. Chandler Rosholt of Cedar Park and Camille Enright of Plano are tied for third at 8-over 152.
Brett Permann of Frisco, Amber Park of Allen and Kennedy Pedigo of Fort Worth are tied for fifth at 158 overall, while four players are tied for eighth at 161 overall.
For more information about the Collegiate Preview and to see all the scores from the first two rounds, click here.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes