Lee Sandlin Leads North Senior Amateur by three
Argyle, TX – Lee Sandlin, Dallas, takes the outright lead by three after the first round of the North Senior Amateur at Denton Country Club. Denny Alexander, Fort Worth, lead’s the Super Senior division by one.
Lee Sandlin did not have the greatest start to his day with back-to-back bogeys on holes three and four. However, those were his only bogeys of the day. The Dallas resident’s five-under-par, 66 featured a total of seven birdies, five of which came on the back nine. Sandlin birdied holes 10, 11 and 12 followed by a par on the most difficult par-four 13th with two more birdies right after on holes 14 and 15.
Saginaw’s Dave Davis, carded three birdies and a bogey for a two-under-par, 69. Davis’ day got off to a great start when he birdied holes 10 and 11(his 1st and 2nd of the day). Bogey on the par-four 15th kept at one-under until he reached the 329 yard, par-four sixth when poured in another birdie.
Also sitting two back is the 2015 North Senior Amateur Champion, Jerry Hudgins. The Tyler native trails by just two with his two-under-par, 69. Hudgins’ scorecard featured birdies on the par four fifth, tenth and eighteenth. His sole bogey came on the difficult uphill par-three, eighth.
Sandlin, Davis and Hudgins will be all paired together going off the first tee at 9:48 am. Sandlin and Hudgins will be looking for their second North Senior Amateur Title and for Davis, it’ll be his first.
Leading the Super Senior flight was Fort Worth’s Denny Alexander with his one-over-par, 72. Alexander’s day got off to an awful start with and a double bogey on the par-four, second and a bogey on the par three, third. Despite adding a birdie on the tight par-four, fourth he still was four over par through six holes with bogeys following his birdie. However, he got on a run starting that the par-five, ninth with a birdie adding another on the par five, eleventh. Denny added two more birdies to close out the round.
Trailing by just one is Dallas’ Corliss Nelson. Nelson’s round of two-over-par, 73 featured three bogies on the front side with only two on the back. His birdies came on the difficult par-four, 13th as the long par-five 17th.
Also just two back is Waxahachie’s Michael Hastings. Hastings shot a three-over-par 74 with two birdies, three bogeys and a double bogey.
Alexander, Nelson and Hastings will start their day on the 10th tee at 9:48 am. Hastings will try for his second Super Senior title while Alexander and Nelson will look for their first. Besides those two chasers, five other players sit just four back of the lead.
The North Senior Amateur will begin tomorrow off the first and tenth tees beginning at 8:00 am. For complete results, please click here.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes