Jones and Robinson Lead After First Round of Women's Partnership
LUFKIN – Lyn Jones and Liza Robinson of Houston lead the Women’s Partnership heading into the final round at Crown Colony Country Club.
The Women’s Partnership is a two-player team tournament with both balls counting on each hole. Points earned by each partner will be combined for the team total based on the quota established by their handicaps. The team score is made up of the difference between points earned by the players and their quotas for the round.
Jones made back-to-back birdies on holes No. 13 and 14 along with four pars to build a total of 41 points in the first round, 10 more than her quota. Robinson, Jones’ playing partner, matched her quota of 30 points on the first day with four pars in her round.
Patricia Walters of Sealy and Tani Traver of Montgomery sit five behind Jones and Robinson and lead the Third Flight. Walters made seven pars and one birdie in the first round to earn 37 points, while Traver made one birdie and four pars to total 32 points.
Three teams are tied for third overall. Montgomery’s Linda Jackman and Franklin’s Olivia Campbell are tied with Paula Marker and Sharon Wilson of Granbury atop the Second Flight, while Faye Wilkins and Juanita Barnes of Plano lead the Fifth Flight.
Meghan Christensen of Houston and Carol Turnage of Anna lead the First Flight, while Corpus Christi’s Camm Dougherty and Horseshoe Bay’s Leslie McCallick are tied with Debbie Meyer and Alice Randall of Houston for second in the flight. Dougherty and McCallick won the Women’s Partnership in 2012.
Houston’s Sis Singletary and Alli Jarrett, who won this event in 2005, matched their quota in the first round and trail by three in the Second Flight. Montgomery’s Diane Dill, who was part of the winning team last year at Horseshoe Bay, is playing with Diana Henigan of Montgomery and the team is only one back of Singletary and Jarrett in the Second Flight.
Gerrie Donovan and Phyllis Allman of The Woodlands are only six behind Walters and Traver in the Third Flight, while Trophy Club’s Dianne Roberts and Fort Worth’s Ethel Wright, who are two-time winners of this event, are nine back of the overall leaders in the Fourth Flight. Louise Hite of Kingwood and Brenda Candelet of Houston trail Wilkins and Barnes by one in the Fifth Flight.
To celebrate the 100th birthday of the WTGA, the association is hosting a year-long program to highlight the rich history of Texas women’s golf. The “Breaking 100” program includes a fundraising campaign featuring five players who have pledged to play 100 Holes of Women’s Competition to gain support for the TGA Foundation’s Women’s Initiatives.
Two of the five players who have pledged to play 100 Holes of Women’s Competition in support of the Breaking 100 program competed in the first round of the Women’s Partnership. Waco’s Nannette Wheelis is playing along with Boerne’s Linda Sackett. Wheelis is now up to 54 holes total in 2016 after playing 36 holes in the Women’s Eclectic. Chris Meadows is playing with Stephanie Healy in the Third Flight. The Plano natives fell short of their quota on
Monday and trail by 18 in the flight. Meadows is playing her first 18 holes in support of the Breaking 100 Campaign.
Player quotas for the Second Round are adjusted based on the points they accumulated in the First Round. A 50-percent adjustment is made for the Final Round.
Located in Lufkin, Crown Colony Country Club is hosting the Women’s Partnership. This is the fifth time Crown Colony CC has hosted a Women’s State Championship, including the Women’s State Amateur in 2007 and 1989.
The Final Round of the Women’s Partnership will begin at 9:00 AM on Tuesday, April 26. For more information about the Women's Partnership and to see all the scores, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes