Mark and Andrew Lindberg Lead Father-Son After Round Two
HORSESHOE BAY- Mark and Andrew Lindberg of Coppell maintained their lead after 36 holes at the 2016 Texas Father-Son Championship after shooting a second round 6-under 66 on the Apple Rock Course at Horseshoe Bay Resort.
The second round of Father-Son saw much higher scores than after the first. The morning wave, which consisted of the Nelson, Crenshaw and Kite flights, only saw one round under par for the day. This round was shot by Trey and Jace Caldwell of Round Rock. They shot a net score of 10-under 62 which brought their total score to 131 for the championship. They currently lead the Nelson flight after 36 holes.
In the afternoon wave, which consisted of the Championship and Hogan flights, scores went lower. In the Championship flight, Mark and Andrew Lindberg continued to advance their lead over the field after their second round 66. Their round saw seven birdies and only one bogey. They are 11-under for the championship and currently hold a six shot lead over Brett and Steve Gill.
After second round play was completed, there was a cut in the Championship flight. Nineteen teams out of the original 37 will continue to play in the Championship flight for the final round. The teams that did not make the cut will compete in the Presidents flight tomorrow and play a third round of gross four-ball. The top 19 teams in the Championship flight will play a combined score.
In the Hogan flight, Joe and Joey Quirk shot the second lowest score of the day with an 8-under 64. That brought them to 11-under for the championship and in sole possession of the lead in their flight. They got there by firing off seven net birdies, one net eagle with only one bogey in their second round. Behind them is Jim and Patrick Bailey. They shot 6-under for the day and are 10-under for the tournament, one back of the lead heading into Sunday.
Chasing Trey and Jace Caldwell in the Nelson flight is Charles and Lee Thorton. The Thortons were tied for the top spot with the Caldwells entering the second round. However, after shooting five birdies with and equal amount of bogeys, they carded an even par 72 for their round. They are now 1-over for the championship and four shots back of the Caldwells.
In the Crenshaw flight, there are two teams tied atop the leaderboard at 2-over for the championship. Father and son teams of Douglass and Doug Reed and Tyler and Larry Wright both shot 4-over 76’s to claim their top spots.
The Kite flight saw no under par or even par scores for the day. Mike and Chip Block had the lowest score of the flight with a 2-over 74. They currently are tied for fourth. There is also a tie for the top spot in the Kite flight. Ashley and Jacob Hunter shot an 8-over 80 for the day and their competitors, Jason and Ron Stringer, shot a 9-over 81. They are both tied at 15-over for the championship and hold a one shot lead over current second place holders, Paul and Martin Meredith.
The final round of the 2016 Texas Father-Son will begin tomorrow with the Championship, President and Hogan flights teeing off in the morning wave starting at 8:00 a.m. and the Nelson, Crenshaw and Kite flights following in the afternoon wave 1:00 p.m.
For more information click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes