Anderson, Borrero, Routzong Win Flodder Financial Shootout
KATY –Round Rock’s Jack Anderson won wire-to-wire at the fourth annual Flodder Financial Shootout after a final round 1-over 72 to capture his first Legends Junior Tour victory. In the Boys 14 & Under division, Cypress’ Lucas Borrero carded back-to-back 1-over 72’s for his first LJT victory. In the Girls 12-18 division, Richmond’s Valerie Routzong fired a 2-under 69 to overcome a two shot deficit to win her first championship of 2016.
The Golf Club at Cinco Ranch is hosting the Flodder Financial Shootout for the first time. The previous three years, Meadowbrook Farms Golf Club hosted the event. The Boys 15-18 division played the par-71 course at 6,727 yards, while the Girls 12-18 division played 5,744 yards and the Boys 14 & Under division played 6,226 yards.
Anderson, 16, started out his final round with six straight pars, then carded two straight birdies on holes seven and eight before a bogey to close out his front nine. He was in control of the championship throughout the final round, even though he made a bogey and double-bogey on his final two holes. That didn’t derail his first victory on the LJT.
Spring’s Ben McCall, playing in the penultimate group in front of Anderson, carded a final-round even-par 71 to jump up a spot from Monday’s first round. He finished three shots back of Anderson for second place. Austin’s Holt Miller also shot a final round 71 to finish alone in third place, four back of Anderson. Jake Wittschiebe and Caleb Hicks finished tied for fourth place after final-round 71’s as well.
In the Boys 14 & Under division, Borrero was tied with Garrison Hoyt heading into Tuesday’s final round. Borrero took the lead for good with a birdie on the par-3 sixth hole, his second birdie in as many holes. He had back-to-back tap-in birdies on holes 13 and 14 to increase his lead. He bogeyed his final two holes, but by then, the victory was already wrapped up.
Borrero’s 2-over 144 tournament total was three shots better than Austin’s Evan Vo and Houston’s Hoyt, who finished in a tie for second place. Cole Sherwood finished in fourth place and Dallas Hankamer finished in fifth place.
Routzong, 15, has played in all four Flodder Financial Shootouts, finishing runner up in 2015. She finally secured that victory with a stellar 2-under-par 69 in the final round. She played a perfect round of golf until her final hole, carding birdies on the difficult par-4 first hole, 12th, 15th and 17th holes. She got to the 18th tee with a four shot lead, smiling. She double-bogeyed the last, but her first Flodder Financial Shootout victory was already secured.
First round leader, Katy’s own Elina Sinz, and Cedar Park’s Caylnne Rosholt finished in a tie for second place, two shots back of Routzong. Kaylee Vesely and Zoe Slaughter finished in a tie for fourth place, three shots behind the champion.
The Legends Junior Tour will again be back in the Houston area for the 90th Texas State Junior Championship July 25-29 at The Woodlands Country Club. The Club’s Tournament Course and Panther Trail will host 240 golfers across four divisions, all trying to earn their claim as the state’s best.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes