Brady Price Maintains Lead After Second Round of the South Amateur
LOST PINES – Brady Price fired a 2-under par 70 in the second round of the 2016 South Amateur Championship and maintains his lead. Price sits at 5-under par 139 and he holds a one stroke lead over Danny Simmerman and Andrew Jacobe. Wolfdancer Golf Club, southeast of Austin in Lost Pines, is the host site for this year’s Championship.
The Woodlands’ Price continued his stellar play from the first round and carded two birdies in his opening three holes. Price would go on to bogey the par four eighth hole but he was able to post another birdie on the par four ninth hole to turn at 5-under for the Championship. After giving a stroke back on the par four 10th hole, Price was able to string together seven pars in a row. Price went on to close out his round with a birdie on the par five 18th to finish with a 36-hole total of 139, 5-under par. Price holds a tight lead over Simmerman and Jacobe.
Shavano Park’s Simmerman also kept the momentum going from the first round and he carded a 3-under par 69. The 2016 South Mid-Amateur Champion had his lone bogey of the day on his opening hole, the par four first. Simmerman birdied the par three sixth hole to get back to 1-under par for the Championship, and even par for the day. After turning, Simmerman was able to fire three birdies on the inward nine to finish with a 36-hole total of 140, 4-under par. He will be paired with Price and Jacobe for the final round.
Houston’s Jacobe fired the low round of the tournament after signing for a 5-under par 67. After a 1-over par 73 in his first round, Jacobe got off to a hot start and made two birdies in his first three holes. Jacobe gave one back on the par five fifth hole to drop back to even par for the year’s final regional event. He was able to register two more birdies on his opening nine to turn at 2-under for Championship. Jacobe kept it going and he rolled in three birdies in a row on holes 12-14. Jacobe stumbled with a bogey on both holes 16 and 17, but he was able to save his round with a birdie on the par five 18th finishing hole. Jacobe finished with a 36-hole total of 140 and he holds a share of second place with Simmerman.
Brady Purdom, who held a share of the first round lead, carded a 2-over par 74 and is currently tied for fourth at 143, 1-under par. Joining Purdom at 143 are Nicholas Cristea, of Houston, and Austin Cotton, of Austin. The three who sit at 1-under will be paired together and the will tee off at 9:48 am.
Wolfdancer Golf Club played host to the 2012 Texas Senior Four-Ball. The Arthur Hills design, which is situated at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, opened in 2006.
The final round of the 2016 South Amateur Championship begins at 8:00 am, with the final group scheduled to tee off at 9:57 am on Sunday. The players will be repaired based on their scores after 36 holes. For more information on the 2016 South Amateur Championship, including complete scoring, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes