Maciejewski, Vesely, Hankamer Win Lanny Wadkins JC
PROSPER, Texas – San Angelo’s Jeffrey Maciejewski came out victorious at the Lanny Wadkins Junior Championship Tuesday afternoon after posting a 2-under 70 in the final round at Gentle Creek Country Club.
In the Girls 12-18 division Austin’s Kaylee Vesely captured her first Legends Junior Tour victory after posting a final-round 73. Dallas Hankamer of Temple carded a final-round 74 to claim victory in the Boys 14 & Under division Tuesday afternoon.
Conducted by the Legends Junior Tour, the Lanny Wadkins Junior Championship was hosted by Gentle Creek Country Club for the fourth consecutive year. The D.A. Weibring designed par-72 golf course played 6,994 yards for the Boys 15-18 division, 6,397 yards for the Boys 14 & Under division and 5,840 yard for all girls.
Maciejewski started his final round off with a bogey on the opening and most difficult hole on the golf course, a 407-yard par-4.
He got that stroke back on the third hole with a birdie and then had six straight pars before opening his back side with a birdie on the par-4 10th hole. He made two more birdies back-to-back on the 14th and 15th holes. He gave one back on his final hole of the day, the par-5 18th, but by then, the title was all but his.
Maciejewski finished two strokes ahead of Richardson’s Tommy Boone, who carded the low round of the tournament in the Boys 15-18 division with a 5-under 67, and McKinney’s Jake Kuwitzky. Jack Anderson, the Flodder Financial Shootout champion, and Caleb Hicks of Arlington finished tied for fourth at 1-under 143 for the tournament. Andrew Lindberg’s 1-under 71 in the final round vaulted him to sixth place at even-par 144 for the tournament.
Heading into the par-5 18th hole, Vesely was tied with Dallas’ Hailey Jones atop the Girls 12-18 division leaderboard at 3-under for the tournament. Vesely, hit her third shot just beyond the green and had a downhill chip. Jones hit her approach short into the deep greenside bunker. Jones hit a great bunker shot to seven feet, but Vesely, topped that, holing her chip for a birdie and the win.
Vesely had 15 straight pars to start her round, but a double-bogey on the short par-4 16th left her tied with Jones. She was able to forget about the rough hole and finish par-birdie to capture her first LJT victory. Jones and Carrollton’s Serena Shah finished tied for second at 2-under-par 142 for the tournament.
Shah carded one of three sub-par rounds in the Girls 12-18 Division on Tuesday with a 2-under 70. Austin’s Randi Romack carded the low round of the day, a 3-under 69 and finished alone in fourth place.
In the Boys 14 & Under division, Hankamer began the round tied with Colleyville’s Bryce McCracken. McCracken birdied two of the first three holes, but then struggled the rest of his front nine, leaving the door open for Hankamer. He made consecutive birdies on holes nine and 10 and never looked back. He had a double-bogey on the par-3 15th, but that didn’t stop him from being crowned the 2016 champion in the Boys 14 & Under Division.
McCracken finished three shots back of Hankamer for solo second place. McKinney’s Alex Kopenhaver and Plano’s Davis Fritz finished tied for third place with a 7-over 151 tournament total.
For more information on the Lanny Wadkins Junior Championship or the Legends Junior Tour, please visit www.TXGA.org.
For final results, click here.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes