Maciejewski, Vesely, Hankamer Win Lanny Wadkins JC
PROSPER, Texas – San Angelo’s Jeffrey Maciejewski came out victorious at the Lanny Wadkins Junior Championship Tuesday afternoon after posting a 2-under 70 in the final round at Gentle Creek Country Club.
In the Girls 12-18 division Austin’s Kaylee Vesely captured her first Legends Junior Tour victory after posting a final-round 73. Dallas Hankamer of Temple carded a final-round 74 to claim victory in the Boys 14 & Under division Tuesday afternoon.
Conducted by the Legends Junior Tour, the Lanny Wadkins Junior Championship was hosted by Gentle Creek Country Club for the fourth consecutive year. The D.A. Weibring designed par-72 golf course played 6,994 yards for the Boys 15-18 division, 6,397 yards for the Boys 14 & Under division and 5,840 yard for all girls.
Maciejewski started his final round off with a bogey on the opening and most difficult hole on the golf course, a 407-yard par-4.
He got that stroke back on the third hole with a birdie and then had six straight pars before opening his back side with a birdie on the par-4 10th hole. He made two more birdies back-to-back on the 14th and 15th holes. He gave one back on his final hole of the day, the par-5 18th, but by then, the title was all but his.
Maciejewski finished two strokes ahead of Richardson’s Tommy Boone, who carded the low round of the tournament in the Boys 15-18 division with a 5-under 67, and McKinney’s Jake Kuwitzky. Jack Anderson, the Flodder Financial Shootout champion, and Caleb Hicks of Arlington finished tied for fourth at 1-under 143 for the tournament. Andrew Lindberg’s 1-under 71 in the final round vaulted him to sixth place at even-par 144 for the tournament.
Heading into the par-5 18th hole, Vesely was tied with Dallas’ Hailey Jones atop the Girls 12-18 division leaderboard at 3-under for the tournament. Vesely, hit her third shot just beyond the green and had a downhill chip. Jones hit her approach short into the deep greenside bunker. Jones hit a great bunker shot to seven feet, but Vesely, topped that, holing her chip for a birdie and the win.
Vesely had 15 straight pars to start her round, but a double-bogey on the short par-4 16th left her tied with Jones. She was able to forget about the rough hole and finish par-birdie to capture her first LJT victory. Jones and Carrollton’s Serena Shah finished tied for second at 2-under-par 142 for the tournament.
Shah carded one of three sub-par rounds in the Girls 12-18 Division on Tuesday with a 2-under 70. Austin’s Randi Romack carded the low round of the day, a 3-under 69 and finished alone in fourth place.
In the Boys 14 & Under division, Hankamer began the round tied with Colleyville’s Bryce McCracken. McCracken birdied two of the first three holes, but then struggled the rest of his front nine, leaving the door open for Hankamer. He made consecutive birdies on holes nine and 10 and never looked back. He had a double-bogey on the par-3 15th, but that didn’t stop him from being crowned the 2016 champion in the Boys 14 & Under Division.
McCracken finished three shots back of Hankamer for solo second place. McKinney’s Alex Kopenhaver and Plano’s Davis Fritz finished tied for third place with a 7-over 151 tournament total.
For more information on the Lanny Wadkins Junior Championship or the Legends Junior Tour, please visit www.TXGA.org.
For final results, click here.
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsOh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...A lovely man, was so kind to me when I worked over there. Have such positive memories of him. RIP John33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...
- EMMA MCMYLER is your 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur Champion! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 23 CommentsWay to go, Emma! 👏⛳️🎊Congratulations Emma! So proud of you!!Congrats Emma. Great result. Up Louisburgh!!64 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post The four semifinalists competing to advance to the championship round of the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur have began their matches!
live scoring: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 9 Likes
- We want to thank all of our amazing volunteers who came out to help at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur!
This wouldn’t be possible without you guys
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 1 CommentsThank you! USGA Volunteers!15 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post After 2 rounds of match play, these elite 8 players will compete tomorrow in the quarterfinals.
scores from this afternoon: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 8 Likes
- The day is not over yet 🤯 The 16 winners of this morning’s matches are going back out again!
The second round of matches is underway at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 1 CommentsWatching and cheering the women golfers on from Fair Oaks Ranch!10 Likes
- The TGA sincerely thanks the all River Crest Country Club staff and grounds crew. The 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur couldn’t happen without you and we are grateful for all your hard work.
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 3 CommentsWe couldn’t have wonderful courses without them-thanks!!At every course this is the group of men/women that make it possible for their members to enjoy the sport ...River Crest is so beautiful!26 Likes
- and just like that, match 1 is over 😱 with no. 1 seed Kenlie Barrett defeating no. 32 seed Cari Denson at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur
(8 & 7)!!
keep following along: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is ... 3 Likes