George Hannon Junior Invitational Moves to Barton Creek Country Club
DALLAS — The Legends Junior Tour’s top players in 2016 gather at Barton Creek Country Club to compete in the George Hannon Junior Invitational, the LJT’s “Tour Championship”, on August 15-16 at the Coore Crenshaw Cliffside Course.
The Hannon Cup Society created the event in 2009. Since then the LJT has conducted the prominent invitational. It brings together the top 99 boys and girls in the state, either through invitation or based off the current year’s LJT Player of the Year Points List. Three divisions compete separately: Boys 15-18 (60 spots); Boys 14 & Under (15 spots) and Girls 12-18 (24 spots).
George Hannon was born in Kemp, Texas and served a 59-year PGA career including an 18-year term as the University of Texas’ Men’s Golf Coach. Hannon’s career at UT included NCAA Champion teams in 1971 and 1972 as well as 12 Southwest Conference titles. Hannon coached golf legends such as Ben Crenshaw, Tom Kite, Mark Brooks, Phil Blackmar, Brandel Chamblee, Warren Chancellor, Rik Massengale and Paul Thomas. Hannon was inducted into the Texas Golf Hall of Fame in 1991 and was the Golf Coaches Associations’ 2001 Lifetime Achievement Award recipient.
The George Hannon Junior Invitational offers a true “Tour Championship” feel and serves to identify the state’s best junior golfer in each division. Golfers earned points towards the Player of the Year Points list by playing in LJT events and Texas Junior Golf Alliance events.
Last year’s invitational saw San Antonio’s Nicholas Duggan win the Boys 15-18 Division at Spanish Oaks Golf Club. Duggan held off Cedar Park’s Thomas Critch for a one-stroke victory at 1-under 141 overall. In the Boys 14 & Under Division, Dallas’ Turner Hosch shot 4-under 67 in the final round to hold off Mission’s Jun Min Lee and Dallas’ Scott Roden by one stroke. Austin’s Sadie Englemann won the Girls 12-18 Division by three strokes over the eventual Player of the Year in the Girls 12-18 Division, Hailey Jones.
This is the first year that Barton Creek Country Club has hosted the George Hannon Junior Invitational. The Cliffside Course was designed by Ben Crenshaw and Bill Coore and is focused on the natural beauty of the Texas Hill Country. The Cliffside Course features rolling hills, soft contours and native grasses that offer a variety of different holes.
Barton Creek Country Club gets to add its name to a distinguished list of golf courses that has hosted the George Hannon including, Spanish Oaks, Austin Country Club, UT Golf Club and The Hills Country Club.
The George Hannon Junior Invitational is one of four Major Championships on the LJT schedule. Points towards the Player of the Year Awards and Jackie Burke Cup teams are doubled and awarded to the top half of each division.
Past Champions of this event include Max Miller, Joe and Julia Beck, Scottie and Callie Scheffler, Brendan Redfern, Cole Hammer, Thomas Critch, Levi Valadez, Alexandra Rossi, Chandler Phillips and Hailee Cooper.
For more information about the George Hannon Junior Invitational, click here.
To see all the standings for the Player of the Year Points, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes