North Texas Classic Returns to Tangle Ridge Golf Club
DALLAS – The final open event of the Legends Junior Tour season is set to return to Grand Prairie, Texas on Oct. 8-9. The North Texas Classic’s 84-player field will tee it up at Tangle Ridge Golf Club for a second-straight year.
Tangle Ridge Golf Club is an 18-hole championship public golf course featuring exciting elevation changes, subtle Champion Ultra Dwarf Bermuda Grass Greens, tree-lined fairways, bunkers and water hazards. Designed by Jeff Brauer of GolfScapes, Tangle Ridge was voted as one of the state’s top public championship courses and has been ranked by Avid Golfer and The Dallas Morning News.
This event was created to answer the growing demand of junior golfers in the state. This will be one of the last chances for players to earn points towards the LJT Player of the Year Points List. The points list will be used to determine the LJT’s Players of the Year as well as the top players being invited to the Jackie Burke Cup in November.
Entering the tournament, Parker Coody, Vishnu Sadagopan and Hailey Jones lead their respective divisions on the LJT Points List. Coody received the James A. Ragan Sportsmanship Award last season and has played well in 2016, finishing runner-up at the Byron Nelson Junior Championship and the Texas State Junior Championship. Sadagopan has won two LJT events this year, while Jones has recorded five wins and seven top five finishes in eight tournaments on the Legends Junior Tour.
The first round of the North Texas Classic tees off at 8:00 A.M. on Oct. 8. The second round follows on Oct. 9. Players will compete in three age divisions: Boys 15-18, Boys 14 & Under, and Girls 12-18, in a stroke-play competition. The tournament will be Golfweek and Junior Golf Scoreboard ranked with the top finishers receiving exemptions into future LJT Invitationals and AJGA Stars.
Shuai Ming Wong, Pierceson Coody, Turner Hosch and Michael Anthony Rome round out the top five in the Boys 15-18 Division. Lucas Borrero, Dallas Hankamer, Evan Vo and Cole Sherwood are in the top five of the Boys 14 & Under Division. Kennedy Pedigo, Sadie Englemann, Kaylee Vesely and Zoe Slaughter round out the top five in the Girls 12-18 Division.
For more information about the North Texas Classic, Click Here.
About the Legends Junior Tour
The Legends Junior Tour is part of the Texas Junior Golf Alliance, a joint venture between the Texas Golf Association, Northern and Southern Texas PGA and Houston Golf Association. The Tour operates as part of the Texas Golf Association and its Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization. Since its inception in 2005, the Tour has provided over $250,000 to promote junior golf initiatives and exposure to the game to those who might not otherwise have the opportunity across the state.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes