Texas Cup Returns to Mira Vista Country Club
Dallas- The Texas Cup Invitational has become one of the most prestigious junior golf tournaments in Texas and the top tournament for boys on the Legends Junior Tour.
The LJT took over the Texas Cup in 2008 and has seen the tournament’s field strength grow each year. The field strength has been near the top of the Golfweek rankings each of the last four years, ranking 30th in 2012, 34th in 2013 and 23rd in 2014 and 27th last year.
Brendan Powers of Mansfield won last year’s Texas Cup, shooting 5-under 67 in the final round to win by three strokes. Powers made 11 birdies in 36 holes to finish 4-under 138 overall. He returns in 2016 to defend his title on Mira Vista’s par-71 layout which will stretch out to 6,838 yards.
Boys from Texas, Washington, Arkansas, Idaho and Nebraska are competing in this year’s event along with several international players from Mexico. The tournament features 78 boys competing in 36-hole stroke play competition at Mira Vista Country Club in Fort Worth.
The field consists of 12 winners from 2016, seven in the Boys 15-18 Division and five from the Boys 14 & Under Division, three players who finished in the Top 10 in last year’s Texas Cup Invitational and six players who are within 2,000 points from the top of the Player of the Year Standings.
Jun Min Lee of Mission is the most recent winner on the LJT, winning the North Texas Classic on Oct. 9. Lee joins Jeffrey Maciejewski (Lanny Wadkins JC), Jack Anderson (Flodder Financial Shootout), Brandon Hoff (Jimmy Demaret JC), Crosby Guercio (Collegiate Preview), Turner Hosch (Spring Preview), Thomas Critch (Winter Classic), and six Boys 14 & Under champions – Thomas Bockholt III, Lucas Borrero, Evan Vo, Vishnu Sadagopan and Dallas Hankamer.
Some other notable players that will participate in the 12th annual Texas Cup Invitational include Parker and Pierceson Coody who were both runner-up at the Texas State Junior Championship, Shuai Ming Wong, who finished runner-up in the Byron Nelson Junior Championship with Parker Coody and 2014 LJT Boys 15-18 Player of the Year Ryan Grider. Pierceson Coody is the reigning Boys 15-18 Player of the year, while his brother, Parker, currently leads the Player of the Year Standings.
The Texas Cup field features eight players who played in the U.S. Junior Amateur at The Honors Course in Ooltewah, Tenn.: Reid Davenport, Rishi Kejriwal, Garrett Martin, Ryan Grider, Crosby Guercio, Jansen Smith, Kyle Robinson and Shuai Ming Wong. Davenport, Wong and Robinson each made the cut to match play.
Mira Vista Country Club has hosted this event the past three years. The course opened in 1987 and was designed by Tom Weiskopf and Jay Morrish. It has hosted the 1994 Texas Amateur and the 2000 Texas Mid-Am along with the Texas Cup Invitational.
The Texas Cup is ranked by Golfweek and Junior Golf Scoreboard. The tournament offers players a chance to earn exemptions into future Legends Junior Tour events as well as stars towards the AJGA’s Performance Based Entry. The winner of the Texas Cup will become fully exempt with the AJGA while the top 15 finishers will earn at least four stars.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post All 😃’s as Round 1 of the #Texas4Ball gets underway from Horseshoe Bay Resort Apple Rock! ⏰
ℹ️ More info: https://www.txga.org/tga-texas-four-ball-texas-golf-association-2021/
🔢 Leaderboard: golfgenius.com/pages/2863285
Texas Golf Association is at AppleRock Golf Course. 11 Likes
- Texas Four-Ball Set for Aug. 27-29 Texas Four-Ball Set for Aug. 27-29
“We are extremely excited to have the opportunity to return to Horseshoe Bay Resort for this year’s Texas Four-Ball Championship.” -Chris Untiedt, TGA Tournament Director
Follow the 🔗 for more. 5 Likes
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsThank you TGA for a beautiful tribute to such an amazing man. John was simply the BEST! He will be ...Oh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...