Schultz and Malick Lead 2016 Women's Texas Pinehurst
The Woodlands, TX – Anna Schultz and Jewell Malick, of Heath, fired a 4-under par, 68 to grab a three shot lead after the first round of the 2016 Women’s Texas Pinehurst. The Palmer Course at The Woodlands Country Club is hosting the fourth playing of the Women’s Texas Pinehurst.
Schultz and Malick, who started on hole No. 1, recorded two birdies on their opening three holes and turned with a 2-under par 34 on their first nine. The leaders went on to make bogey on par four 10th but they were able to bounce back with a birdie on the par three 11th. The twosome was able to finish strong with two birdies in a row. Schultz and Malick hold a three shot lead over Lecia Alexander and Kathryn Anderson, who sit at 1-under par 71.
Lecia Alexander and Kathryn Anderson, of Stafford and Missouri City respectively, trail by three strokes after the first round. The team got off to a hot start and they birdied their first two holes of the day, the par three second and the par five third. The duo gave one back on the following hole and turned at 1-under par 35. Alexander and Kathryn would go on to card two birdies and two bogies on their second nine on their way to a 1-under, 71.
Prior to the first round, teams were split into five flights based on their combined handicap indexes.
In the second flight, Diana Henigan, of Montgomery, and Susan Snider, of Houston, hold a two stroke lead after carding a 6-over par 78. They hold the lead over two teams who are tied at 8-over par. Wanda Ramiller, of Austin, and Mindy Gray, of Florence are tied with Suzzette Kirchner and Teresa Gibson, of Spring. There are seven teams within six strokes of the lead.
Cheryl Wright and Mary Burum, of Huntsville lead the third flight by three strokes after carding an 8-over par 80. They lead Gerrie Donovan and Phyllis Allman, of The Woodlands. There are six teams within six strokes of the 18 hole lead.
In the fourth flight, Claudia Willis, of Montgomery, and Kayla Bailey, of Huntsville lead by two strokes over Lyn Jones, of Houston, and Jacquelyn Danner, of The Woodlands, after carding an 8-over par 80.
Rounding it out with the fifth flight, Lindsey and Valie Mitchell, of Houston, lead by one stroke after carding a 93. Trailing the Mitchells by one stroke is the team of Lavera Meaders and Darlene Bumstead, of Montgomery.
The Women’s Texas Pinehurst uses the “Chapman Stroke Play format.” Playing as partners, each player hits a drive on every hole and then plays their partner’s ball for the second shot. From there, the partners select the ball with which they wish to score and play the ball alternately to complete the hole.
The Final Round of the Women’s Texas Pinehurst will begin at 9:00am with another shotgun start. For more information, please click here
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes