Schultz and Malick Claim the 2016 Women's Texas Pinehurst
The Woodlands, TX – Anna Schultz and Jewell Malick, of Heath, claimed the 2016 Women’s Texas Pinehurst title with a 3-under par, 36 hole total of 141. The duo held on to win by one stroke over the teams of Alexander / Anderson and Beck / Hardy. The Palmer Course at The Woodlands Country Club is hosting the fourth playing of the Women’s Texas Pinehurst.
Schultz and Malick kept their momentum going from the first round and got off to a par – birdie start. The duo faltered and went on to bogey the par four fifth and the par five seventh on their way to an opening nine score of 1-over par 37. After a bogey on the par four 10th, the team was able to string together five pars in a row. Their final birdie for the championship was a pivotal one that came on the par four 16th. The team has a history of winning together, which includes the 2008 and 2014 Women’s Texas Four-Ball Championship. Also, finishing runner-up in both 2013 and 2014 Women’s Texas Pinehurst’s, Schultz and Malick were finally able to claim victory.
Prior to the first round, teams were split into four flights based on their combined handicap indexes.
Lecia Alexander, of Stafford, and Kathryn Anderson, of Missouri City, claimed the first flight with a 36 hole total of 2-under par 142. Alexander and Anderson followed up their opening round score of 71 with another score of 1-under par 71. Alexander and Anderson, who finished second overall, beat the team of Nancy Beck, of Dallas, and Marilyn Hardy, of Houston, in a scorecard playoff. Rounding out the first flight was Diane Henry, of Kerrville, and Julie Robichaux, of Kingwood, who finished third in the flight.
In the second flight, Diana Henigan, of Montgomery, and Susan Snider, of Houston, increased their two stroke lead to win their flight by four strokes over Paweena Bennett, of Tomball, and Bardie Whitfield, of Victoria. Rosalinda Adams, of Montgomery, and Julie DeLisle, of Katy finished in third place by way of a scorecard playoff with the team of Kirchner and Gibson.
Cheryl Wright and Mary Burum, of Huntsville also increased their overnight lead. The duo won by four strokes over Michaelyn Farmer, of Lakeway, and Dianne Morris, of Austin. Farmer and Morris claimed second place by the way of a scorecard playoff. Gerrie Donovan and Phyllis Allman, of The Woodlands finished in third place, after the scorecard playoff.
In the fourth flight, Shirley Robertson, of Spring, and Carol Helms, of The Woodlands, came from behind to win by eight strokes over Deborah Nelson and Linda Jackman, of Montgomery. Lyn Jones, of Houston, and Jacquelyn Danner, of The Woodlands finished in third place.
Rounding out the Texas Pinehurst with our fifth flight, Lavera Meaders and Darlene Bumstead, of Montgomery came from behind to win by four strokes over Marlene Womack, of Cypress, and Debbie Ballard, of Houston. Lindsey and Valie Mitchell, of Houston, finished in third place.
The Women’s Texas Pinehurst uses the “Chapman Stroke Play format.” Playing as partners, each player hits a drive on every hole and then plays their partner’s ball for the second shot. From there, the partners select the ball with which they wish to score and play the ball alternately to complete the hole.
The Texas Golf Association would like to thank the entire staff at The Woodlands Country Club for their efforts to make the 2016 edition of the Women’s Texas Pinehurst a true success.
For more information about the 2016 Women’s Texas Pinehurst, please click here
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes