Schultz and Malick Claim the 2016 Women's Texas Pinehurst
The Woodlands, TX – Anna Schultz and Jewell Malick, of Heath, claimed the 2016 Women’s Texas Pinehurst title with a 3-under par, 36 hole total of 141. The duo held on to win by one stroke over the teams of Alexander / Anderson and Beck / Hardy. The Palmer Course at The Woodlands Country Club is hosting the fourth playing of the Women’s Texas Pinehurst.
Schultz and Malick kept their momentum going from the first round and got off to a par – birdie start. The duo faltered and went on to bogey the par four fifth and the par five seventh on their way to an opening nine score of 1-over par 37. After a bogey on the par four 10th, the team was able to string together five pars in a row. Their final birdie for the championship was a pivotal one that came on the par four 16th. The team has a history of winning together, which includes the 2008 and 2014 Women’s Texas Four-Ball Championship. Also, finishing runner-up in both 2013 and 2014 Women’s Texas Pinehurst’s, Schultz and Malick were finally able to claim victory.
Prior to the first round, teams were split into four flights based on their combined handicap indexes.
Lecia Alexander, of Stafford, and Kathryn Anderson, of Missouri City, claimed the first flight with a 36 hole total of 2-under par 142. Alexander and Anderson followed up their opening round score of 71 with another score of 1-under par 71. Alexander and Anderson, who finished second overall, beat the team of Nancy Beck, of Dallas, and Marilyn Hardy, of Houston, in a scorecard playoff. Rounding out the first flight was Diane Henry, of Kerrville, and Julie Robichaux, of Kingwood, who finished third in the flight.
In the second flight, Diana Henigan, of Montgomery, and Susan Snider, of Houston, increased their two stroke lead to win their flight by four strokes over Paweena Bennett, of Tomball, and Bardie Whitfield, of Victoria. Rosalinda Adams, of Montgomery, and Julie DeLisle, of Katy finished in third place by way of a scorecard playoff with the team of Kirchner and Gibson.
Cheryl Wright and Mary Burum, of Huntsville also increased their overnight lead. The duo won by four strokes over Michaelyn Farmer, of Lakeway, and Dianne Morris, of Austin. Farmer and Morris claimed second place by the way of a scorecard playoff. Gerrie Donovan and Phyllis Allman, of The Woodlands finished in third place, after the scorecard playoff.
In the fourth flight, Shirley Robertson, of Spring, and Carol Helms, of The Woodlands, came from behind to win by eight strokes over Deborah Nelson and Linda Jackman, of Montgomery. Lyn Jones, of Houston, and Jacquelyn Danner, of The Woodlands finished in third place.
Rounding out the Texas Pinehurst with our fifth flight, Lavera Meaders and Darlene Bumstead, of Montgomery came from behind to win by four strokes over Marlene Womack, of Cypress, and Debbie Ballard, of Houston. Lindsey and Valie Mitchell, of Houston, finished in third place.
The Women’s Texas Pinehurst uses the “Chapman Stroke Play format.” Playing as partners, each player hits a drive on every hole and then plays their partner’s ball for the second shot. From there, the partners select the ball with which they wish to score and play the ball alternately to complete the hole.
The Texas Golf Association would like to thank the entire staff at The Woodlands Country Club for their efforts to make the 2016 edition of the Women’s Texas Pinehurst a true success.
For more information about the 2016 Women’s Texas Pinehurst, please click here
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post All 😃’s as Round 1 of the #Texas4Ball gets underway from Horseshoe Bay Resort Apple Rock! ⏰
ℹ️ More info: https://www.txga.org/tga-texas-four-ball-texas-golf-association-2021/
🔢 Leaderboard: golfgenius.com/pages/2863285
Texas Golf Association is at AppleRock Golf Course. 10 Likes
- Texas Four-Ball Set for Aug. 27-29 Texas Four-Ball Set for Aug. 27-29
“We are extremely excited to have the opportunity to return to Horseshoe Bay Resort for this year’s Texas Four-Ball Championship.” -Chris Untiedt, TGA Tournament Director
Follow the 🔗 for more. 5 Likes
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsThank you TGA for a beautiful tribute to such an amazing man. John was simply the BEST! He will be ...Oh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...