Josh Irving and Will Osborne win 2017 North Four-Ball
Josh Irving and Will Osborne win 2017 North Four-Ball
Keller – Josh Irving and Will Osborne’s tie for a low round of the day , five-under-par, 67 propelled them to title of North Four-Ball champions with a two day total of 135, nine-under, par. Their bogey free round was one shot better than Zach Atkinson and Brad Gibson’s 136 total.
For Irving and Osborne like in round one, got off to slower start for the final round with four straight pars. However, it was the 551 yard, par five, fifth that got the momentum going again. For the first round, it was the fifth that got help them rattle off four straight birdies. This time though they only converted for two birdies with the second on the difficult par three, eighth. Fort Worth native Osborne rattled the flagstick on his approach from the tee and followed it up with a tricky downhill putt for birdie.
Irving, Dallas, made three of the next four pars before Osborne again put another birdie on the card with tight wedge from 90 yards out on the thirteenth. Irving made four on the par five fifteenth and Osbourne par on the sixteenth.
Knowing they needed to get at least one more birdie on the card somewhere, they were disappointed when they both missed the green on the seventeenth. Osborne playing first, hit his chip just at the top of the hill on the green and when ball checked and trickled down the slope and in the hole for a birdie two.
With a par on the last, they were concerned that they’d be destined for a playoff with the team of Brad Gibson, Plano and Zach Atkinson, Colleyville, each having a look at eagle on the last and were playing in the same pairing group.
Gibson’s attempt was first and he was just coming off the last par five with an eagle. His putt slide by low which meant Atkinson’s putt was left to grab a share of the lead. He hit the putt well and true, it just didn’t take the last break and slid by.
For Josh Irving and Will Osborne, the title was their first as a partnership. This was Irving’s second North Four-Ball title as he won in 2015 with Michael Ray at Tierra Verde Golf Club.
Irving, the current and back to back Texas Golf Association’s Player of the year, and Osborne will take a break in the partnership before teaming back up in May for the Texas Four-Ball at Crown Colony Country Club and then a week later at U.S. Four-Ball at Pinehurst Resort & Country Club.
First Round leaders Mike Peck and Stephen Love finished in a four-way tie for third place with Jordan Woolf and Les Ledingham as well as Michael Ray and Gant Bills and Brian Hatter and Thomas Kulcak.
The Texas Golf Association would like to thank all the members, grounds staff as well as professional staff at Sky Creek Ranch Golf Club. The club was incredible host all weekend for the players and saw great champions triumph on their course.
The Texas Golf Association will continue the North Regional Series next at Tierra Verde Golf Club on March 17th – 19th for the North Mid-Amateur. For complete results and information regarding the North Four-Ball, please click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes