Allen and Dhruva Lead Collegiate Preview after 36 Holes
WACO, Texas – Tucker Allen posted rounds of 71-70 to lead by one stroke in the Boys Division at the Collegiate Preview on Monday. Isha Dhruva leads the Girls Division by three strokes at 153 overall at Ridgewood Country Club.
The Collegiate Preview is for players 14 & older and designed to get players acclimated with the collegiate format of play. Competitors played 36 continuous holes on Monday and are scheduled to play 18 holes on Tuesday. Tee times for the Final Round start at 8:00 AM and will be off the Nos. 1 and 10 tees.
Granbury’s Allen started the day with a 1-over 71, making four birdies in his first 18 holes, including back-to-back-to-back birdies on holes No. 9-11. He wasted no time in his second round, which began on the 368-yard fourth hole, by making birdie on the par-4. He added another birdie to his second round on the ninth and two more on holes 13 and 14, but dropped two with a double-bogey on the par-4 18th. Allen finished runner-up in Collegiate Preview at Hurricane Creek Country Club in 2016.
Trailing Allen is Lewisville’s Grider, who is a two-time winner of this event, and Mansfield’s Garrison Smith. Grider posted rounds of 74-68 to get to 2-over 142 overall. The former Byron Nelson Junior and Texas Cup Champion made six birdies in his second round, including back-to-back birdies on holes 16 and 17. Smith shot 1-under 69 in the afternoon, making birdie on the 417-yard first and the 180-yard third hole. The par-3 third played as the toughest hole in the Boys division on Monday.
San Antonio’s John Keefer, San Angelo’s Jansen Smith, Mission’s Jun Min Lee and Fayetteville’s Kyle Robinson are all tied for fourth at 3-over 143. Austin’s Nick Palmo and Austin Chung are tied for eighth at 5-over 145, while Frisco’s Samuel Kim, Austin’s Trey Bosco and Dallas’ Holden Wisener are tied for 10th at 6-over 146.
Katy’s Dhruva holds a three-stroke lead over Carrollton’s Serena Shah in the Girls division. Dhruva made five birdies during the 36-hole day, including the par-3 fifth in both rounds. Shah made three birdies in her second round, including both par threes on the front side.
Elina Sinz and Iliana Stowers are tied for third in the Girls Division at 158 overall, while Jasmine Zhang sits in fifth place heading into Tuesday’s Final Round at 159 overall.
Ridgewood Country Club is hosting the Collegiate Preview for the second time in the tournament’s four-year history. The par-70 course is playing to 6,534 yard in the Boys Division and 5,897 yards in the Girls Division.
Dossey, Lee and Robinson were tied for the lead in the Boys Division after the first round. All three players shot even-par 70 in the first 18 holes, which was played through cold and drizzly conditions at Ridgewood Country Club.
In the Girls Division, Sinz and Dhurva shared the lead after 18 holes following their 7-over 77s in the morning. Both players made birdie in their opening rounds, Sinz birdied the par-4 sixth and Dhruva made birdie on the par-3 fifth.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes