Grider and Sinz Win at Collegiate Preview
WACO, Texas – Lewisville’s Ryan Grider shoots 2-under 68 in the Final Round to win the Boys Division of the 2017 Collegiate Preview. Katy’s Elina Sinz won the Girls Division by three strokes at Ridgewood Country Club.
The Collegiate Preview is for players 14 & older and designed to get players acclimated with the collegiate format of play. Competitors played 36 continuous holes on Monday and 18 holes on Tuesday to determine the 54-hole winners.
Grider, who is a three-time winner of this event, played magnificently on Tuesday, making five birdies in his first ten holes and then cruising to a three-stroke victory. The winner of the inaugural Collegiate Preview, which was held at Ridgewood CC in 2014, started the day with back-to-back birdies on holes one and two and added a third on the par-3 fifth. Another set of back-to-back birdies on holes nine and 10, which are the course’s two par 5s, set Grider up for his third win in four years at this event.
Granbury’s Tucker Allen was the 36-hole leader and finished tied for second with San Angelo’s Jansen Smith. Allen posted rounds of 71-70-72 to finish at 3-over 213. He made three birdies in his final round, including the short par-4 11th, which played as the fifth toughest hole on the day. Smith made two birdies on Tuesday to go with two bogeys for his even-par 70. The lefty birdied two of the courses four par 3s, No. 3 and No. 16.
John Keefer of San Antonio finished fourth in the event at 6-over 216, while Jun Min Lee of Mission finished fifth at 7-over 217 overall. William Moll and Garrison Smith tied for sixth, while Turner Hosch finished eighth and Dawson Lewis and Kyle Robinson finished tied for ninth in the Boys Division.
Sinz’s 75 was the lowest round in the Girls Division for all three rounds. The Katy-native posted rounds of 77-81-75 to get to 233 overall and three strokes ahead of the field. Sinz birdied the difficult par-5 10th on Tuesday, which is an uphill hole with an elevated green.
Isha Dhruva, also of Katy, finished second in the Girls Division at 236 overall. Dhruva shot 83 in the final round to get to 236 overall. Austin’s Young Shin Kim finished tied for third with Carrollton’s Serena Shah at 241 overall, while Madelyn Jones rounded out the top five.
Ridgewood Country Club hosted the Collegiate Preview for the second time in the tournament’s four-year history. After spending the last two years at Hurricane Creek Country Club, the event was brought back to Ridgewood CC. Ralph Plummer designed Ridgewood CC, which is a par-70 layout and was opened in 1947 and features some of the best greens in the state.
The top finishers in this event earned points towards the LJT Player of the Year Awards as well as to their respective Jackie Burke Cup Teams. AJGA Stars were up for grabs as well as exemptions into LJT Invitationals such as the Byron Nelson Junior Championship, the Texas State Junior Championship, the Texas Girls’ Invitational and the Texas Cup Invitational.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes