Dougherty and McCallick Win Women's Partnership
PLANO, TX—Camm Dougherty and Leslie McCallick win the 2017 Women’s Partnership at The Clubs of Prestonwood – Hills Course on Tuesday with an overall score of 31.5.
The Partnership is a team event using a quota system for scoring. Players accumulate points by their score on each hole. A double bogey nets a player one point, a bogey two points, a par three points, a birdie five points, an eagle eight points and a hole in one accrues 10 points for the player. Quotas were determined based on each player’s course handicap and teams were flighted based on their combined handicap index.
Corpus Christi’s Dougherty and Horseshoe Bay’s McCallick made 13 points in the first round and 18.5 points in the second to win this event for the second time. The pair teamed up to win at Corpus Christi Country Club in 2012. McCallick and Dougherty combined to make nine birdies in the final round to meet and exceed their quotas.
Lettia Collins and Karen Northcutt from the Houston area won Flight 1 with an overall score of 26.5. The pair made 17 points in the first round and 9.5 points in the second round. Shanna Jones and Anna Morales of Austin finished second in the flight with 24 points, while Lubbock’s Marian Barker and Iowa Park’s Kim Cure finished third in the flight.
Tyler’s Rose and Denise Godoy won Flight 2 with an overall score of 9.5. The duo amassed 10.5 points in the second round to win the flight over Plano’s Chris Meadows and Dallas’ Stefanie Smith. Sandra Ayers of Montgomery and Sherri Buster of Westlake finished third in the flight.
Dott Lovett and Michelle VonBieberstein won Flight 3 after earning 17.5 points on Tuesday. The team finished with 18.5 points in 36 holes and ahead of Brandie Gibson and Linda Jones in the flight. Elaine Curry and Carolyn Pazara finished third in the flight.
Allen’s Norma Scott and McKinney’s Carolina Waggoner won Flight 4 with an overall score of 15.5. Keller’s Erica McAlister and Fort Worth’s Ethel Wright finished second in the flight, followed by Grand Prairie’s Debi Hastings and Alvarado’s Debbie MacDonald in third.
Last year’s overall winners, Lyn Jones and Liza Robinson of Houston, won Flight 5 with an overall score of 13. The pair broke even in the first round, but scored 13 points in the second round. Longview’s Lucinda Cowan and Suzanne Lynn finished second in the flight, followed by McKinney’s Danielle Carroll and Amy Goodwin, who hit the shot of the day. On the 109-yard 15th, Goodwin stepped up with a 7-iron and aced the par-3 for her second hole-in-one.
Patricia Walters and Vivan Wittenberg of Sealy won Flight 6 with a total score of 10 points. Kitty Mann of Dallas and Scottie Moody of Garland finished second in the flight, while Jacquie Gallagher and Jackie Wayson finished third.
The Clubs at Prestonwood played out to 5,306 yards in the 2017 Women’s Partnership. The Dave-Bennet designed course played to a par 73 for the 120-player field. Prestonwood hosted the Inaugural Texas Pinehurst in 2013.
For more information on the 2017 Women’s Partnership and to see all the scores from Prestonwood’s The Hills Course, click here.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes