SIX REASONS TO HOST A TGA EVENT AT YOUR CLUB
What do 46 of the Top 50 courses in Texas, as ranked in 2016 by The Dallas Morning News, have in common? In addition to being the most lauded clubs in the state, they all have at one time hosted a TGA event. In fact, nine of the Top 10 courses have welcomed a TGA Championship in the last decade, highlighted by some of the most iconic names in the state. Dallas National Golf Club, Whispering Pines Golf Club, Brook Hollow Golf Club, Escondido Golf and Lake Club, Cordillera Ranch Golf Club and Shady Oaks Country Club, to name just a few, are Top 10 ranked courses that have hosted at least one TGA Championship since 2007.
For more than 100 years, the TGA has conducted first-class events that promote and conserve the best interests and true spirit of the game of golf. Recognized today as a leader in tournament administration, the TGA stages some of the nation's oldest and most prestigious competitions for men, women, juniors and seniors.
A great many future USGA national champions, both professional and amateur, acquired the character traits necessary for performance excellence at an early age by playing in competitive events all across Texas. Thanks to the unwavering support of our Member Clubs willing to provide a platform for these talented amateurs to display their skills, very few states can claim more history, tradition or sheer number of winners than the Lone Star State. Those who cut their teeth in TGA Championships held at Member Clubs have gone on to win the U.S. Open, U.S. Women’s Open, U.S. Senior Open, U.S. Amateur, U.S. Women’s Amateur, U.S. Junior, U.S. Mid-Amateur, U.S. Senior Amateur, U.S. Senior Women’s Amateur and the USGA Men’s State Team Championship.
Hosting a TGA event is a very commendable act and can be a terrific experience. In addition to revenue streams generated from hosting TGA events (cart fees, range fees, merchandise, food and beverage, etc.), there are also many intangible benefits as well such as:
- Showcasing your course and facility to the state’s top amateurs and influencers
- Receiving positive exposure through the high-traffic TGA website and other media outlets
- Joining the list of prestigious clubs who have recently hosted a TGA Championship, solidifying the club’s reputation for excellence
- Assisting the TGA in its mission to promote amateur golf in Texas
- Enhancing the club’s history and tradition of being good stewards of the game
With a professional full-time experienced staff, abundant resources and well trained volunteers, the TGA provides turn-key administration for the host club, including all aspects of tournament management such as paperwork, golf course marking, golf course set-up, hole locations, starting and scoring.
Each year the TGA’s Competitions Calendar features upwards of 175 events across the state that includes not only elite championships for men, women, seniors and juniors, but also relaxing get-togethers and playing opportunities for recreational golfers.
There are plenty of ways for Member Clubs to get involved and help support amateur golf by hosting events ranging in size and scope from statewide and regional championships to TGA and USGA qualifying to laidback Fun Golf Play Days. For more information, please contact Ryan Finn, Managing Director of Championships, by phone at (214) 468-8942 or by email at [email protected].
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes