Legends Junior Tour Returns to San Antonio
DALLAS—The Alamo Shootout returns to the Legends Junior Tour schedule for 2017 and Briggs Ranch Golf Club is set to host the 36-hole event on June 5-6.
Last held in 2011, the Alamo Shootout returns to the San Antonio area and offers players in the Boys 15-18 Division a final chance at earning an exemption into the Byron Nelson Junior Championship. The top five finishers in the Boys 15-18 Division will earn an exemption into the invitational held at Lakewood Country Club on June 27-29.
This is the seventh ‘Open’ event on the Legends Junior Tour thus far in 2017 and we’ve had a different winner at each event in the Boys 15-18 Division. There has been one multi-winner in each the Girls 12-18 Division and the Boys 14 & Under Division.
Briggs Ranch Golf Club was designed by Tom Fazio and opened in 2001. The course is one of the top tracks in San Antonio and will stretch out to 6,839 yards in the Boys 15-18 Division, 6, 255 yards in the Boys 14 & Under Division and 5,808 yards in the Girls 12-18 Division. The course is covered in zoysia grass from tees to fairways, while the greens are bent grass.
Historic Brackenridge Park was the host of the 2011 Alamo Shootout. Scott Tredo of Fair Oaks Ranch won the Boys 15-18 Division in 2011, shooting rounds of 72-66 to get to 4-under overall and three strokes ahead of the field. Austin’s Cooper Dossey won the Boys 14 & Under Division with an overall score of 2-over 144, while Dallas’ Megan Thothong won the Girls 12-18 Division by six strokes.
The 84-player field will play two rounds of stroke play, 18 holes on June 5 and 18 on June 6. Players will compete in three divisions: Boys 15-18, Boys 14 & Under and Girls 12-18. The tournament will be ranked by Golfweek and Junior Golf Scoreboard and points to the top half of each division will be handed out for LJT Player of the Year standings.
For more information about the Alamo Shootout, click here.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes