LJT Alumni Help Oklahoma to National Championship
DALLAS— Several alumni of the Legends Junior Tour helped lead Oklahoma to a National Championship victory at Rich Harvest Farms on May 31.
Blaine Hale Jr., Brad Dalke and Max McGreevy combined to play in more than 65 LJT events before heading to Oklahoma University to play golf at the collegiate level. All three players won their matches in the championship on Wednesday, securing the Sooners’ second National Championship in golf.
Hale Jr. was an LJT stalwart from 2010-15, playing in more than 40 events in that span including a win at the 2013 Lanny Wadkins Junior Championship at Gentle Creek Country Club. The Dallas native recorded a runner-up finish in 2013 Winter Classic and tied for third in the Texas Cup that year. He continued his steady play in 2014 with a tie for second at the Winter Classic, a tie for fourth at the Bluebonnet Championship and a fourth-place finish at the Lanny Wadkins Junior Championship. Hale competed in four Jackie Burke Cup matches, posting a 4-7-1 record for the North Team. His last two tournaments with the LJT were a ninth-place finish at both the 2015 Byron Nelson Junior Championship and the Texas State Junior Championship.
Dalke played in more than 20 events during his junior golf career and racked up seven wins in his tenure. His first win on the tour was at the 2009 Holiday Junior Classic in the Boys 14 & Under Division, Dalke followed that up with wins at the Winter Classic, Spring Preview, Four-Ball and the PGA Junior North in 2010. Dalke was named Player of the Year in the Boys 14 & Under Division in 2010 and made the first of his two Jackie Burke Cup Matches. He added two more wins in 2011 and finished tied for eighth at the Texas Cup Invitational that year. He finished solo third at the 2012 Texas Cup Invitational, which was held at The Honors Golf Club of Dallas, and earned a spot on his second Jackie Burke Cup squad. Dalke posted an impressive 5-1-0 record for the North Team in his Jackie Burke Cup Matches.
McGreevy competed in four LJT events during his junior career. He finished tied for second at the 2011 Texas Cup Invitational, shooting 6-under 65 on the second day to vault up the leaderboard and only two strokes off the lead. McGreevy finished fourth in the 2012 Winter Classic at Dallas Athletic Club and tied for 14th at the 2012 Texas Cup Invitational.
All three players were among the many LJT Alumni that were out at Rich Harvest Farms in Illinois for the Division I NCAA Golf Championships. The tour always enjoys watching its player’s progression through golf and life. For more information about Oklahoma’s victory, click here.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post John Derrick Wins the 83rd Texas Senior Amateur
WACO – Most golfers know how important course knowledge is when it comes to certain venues. The trickier the track, the more crucial it is to know the lay of the land. ... 6 CommentsRussell Cox Well played John. There was some great players in the tournament and the course playing its most difficult.Anthony Ray Johnson Congrats Johnny D!Woody Rogers Congrats JD!!24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Craig Hurlbert Leads 83rd Texas Senior Amateur through 36 Holes
WACO – Craig Hurlbert from Magnolia is 18 holes away from his fifth amateur victory of the year. He says the key for him to win the 83rd Texas Senior ... 10 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Hurlbert, Smith Tied for 83rd Texas Senior Amateur Lead
WACO – Only two players broke par at venerable Ridgewood Country Club on Friday during the first round of the 83rd Texas Senior Amateur. Craig Hurlbert from Magnolia and Houston’s Scott ... 4 Likes
- Round 1 of the 83rd #TexasSeniorAm is underway at Ridgewood Country Club. Follow your favorite senior amateurs' progress with our live, hole-by-hole scoring: https://t.co/XasNhndFBa 1 CommentsEllen Bordelon Derrick Don Bord here is where you can follow the scores!4 Likes
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes