Jacobs, Huang, Schwienteck Claim Victories at 5th Flodder Financial Shootout
KATY, Texas – League City’s Andre Jacobs fired a second straight 4-under 68 to claim a victory at the fifth annual Flodder Financial Shootout at Meadowbrook Farms Golf Club Wednesday evening.
Katy’s own Treed Huang had a wire-to-wire victory in the Boys 14 & Under division for an even-par 144 tournament total. Magnolia’s Ava Schwienteck carded the low round of the tournament in the Girls 12-18 division to come from behind and capture her first Legends Junior Tour victory.
Katy’s Meadowbrook Farms Golf Club played host to the fifth annual Flodder Financial Shootout for the fourth time in the event’s history. 2016’s edition was played at the Golf Club at Cinco Ranch. This year’s event featured 78 players from across Texas that played the challenging Greg Norman designed golf course. Flodder Financial Group has be the title sponsor of the championship for the all five years.
Jacob’s final putt dropped 7:05 PM, nearly seven and a half hours after his starting time. Play was suspended in the Boys 15-18 division three different times Wednesday afternoon for a total of two hours and 55 minutes, but that never changed Jacobs’ mindset of keep attacking.
Jacobs had two birdies on the front nine, one before the first weather delay, and one the immediate hole after, the par-5 seventh. The second weather delay came as his group was finishing out on the 10th green. He birdied the 11th and 12th holes before carding his first bogey of the day on the 13th. The third and final weather delay came as they finished the 14th hole and Jacobs proceeded to card his final birdie on the ensuing hole, the short, par-4 15th.
Jacobs’ back-to-back rounds of 4-under 68 gave him a six-shot victory over Tristan Hawkins and Luke Dossey, who just won the Byron Nelson Junior Championship two weeks ago. Christian Hernandez, Trevor Roquemore, and David Tietz finished tied for fourth place.
In the Boys 14 & Under division, Huang, who qualified to attend the Drive, Chip and Putt Championships at Augusta National this past April, shot a final-round 2-over 74 to hang on for the victory. Houston’s Carson Ezell, who finished one shot back of Huang, tried to make a late comeback on the back nine, carding a 3-under 33, but fell just one shot short. James Chong, also of Katy, finished in third place, four shots back of Huang.
In the Girls 12-18 division, Schwienteck, had a stellar round, having three birdies and an eagle on her card. She birdied the difficult par-4 second hole to get started and never looked back. Her eagle came on the 474-yard, par-5 12th hole, which played as the 11th most difficult hole for the tournament.
Schweinteck edged out Houston’s Christine Wang by two strokes Wednesday afternoon. Wang carded back-to-back even-par 72’s for the tournament. Houston’s Zoe Slaughter, Meadowbrook Farms member, Isha Dhruva, and Marble Falls’ Macy Fox finished in a tie for third place at 1-over 145 for the championship.
The Legends Junior Tour would like to thank Meadowbrook Farms Golf Club for hosting the event. The Tour would also like to thank Flodder Financial Group for their support of this event over the past five years, including providing Blue Bell Ice Cream for all players and families throughout the event.
The LJT will be in Horseshoe Bay, Texas, in two weeks for the Texas State Junior Championship, one of the oldest and largest state junior tournaments in the country. Horseshoe Bay’s Summit Rock and Slick Rock golf courses will play host to the prestigious championship July 24-28.
For more information on the Flodder Financial Shootout or the Legends Junior Tour, please visit www.TXGA.org.
For final round scores, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes