Devin Jackson Takes the Early Lead at North Amateur
Southlake, TX – For the second consecutive year, Devin Jackson finds himself at the top of the leaderboard after the first round of the North Amateur. Jackson leads the field in the 2017 edition of the North Amateur by one stroke after firing an opening round of six-under-par, 66.
Jackson, of Longview, opened the North Amateur with an impressive 31 on the front nine (his back nine). He started his round on hole 10 where he started off with three straight pars before tallying the first of his 5 birdies on the day. His lone bogey came on the par three seventeenth that measured 220 yards in round one. Jackson turned onto the front nine one-under-par. Paring holes one thru three (his tenth thru eleventh) brought him to the par four fourth, measuring 410 yards. His next three holes were different. Jackson went birdie followed by another birdie on four and five before eagling the par five sixth. His final birdie of the day came on his last hole, number nine where he drained a 15 foot putt from behind the hole.
Jackson finds himself in a familiar spot as he led the 2016 North Amateur at Hurricane Creek Country Club after the first round with a seven-under-par 65. Jackson eventually went on to tie for fourth with a total of six-under-par.
Sitting just one stroke back of Jackson is Ryan Johnson. Johnson was birdieing holes all over the course as he tallied a total of 7 birdies with a lone double bogey on the par four eleventh measuring a daunting 455 yards up a slight incline. Johnson, of Trophy Club, kept it consistent throughout his round today as he carded four birdies on the back nine (his front) and three birdies on the front nine.
Playing in his first Texas Golf Association tournament and sitting just two shots back, Max Kettler felt great about his round afterwards saying, “it was a great first round in a TGA Championship, considering I started off with back to back bogeys on holes one and two.” Kettler, of Southlake, stated, “I played a lot of tournaments with the Legends Junior Tour so I feel comfortable with the tournament atmosphere and playing with these guys.” Kettler will look to gain on the lead during his second round at 9:39am off #10 tee.
Timarron Country Club played to a total of 6,937 yards for the first round of the North Amateur. Players saw ideal conditions as the wind stayed clam throughout the morning and early parts of the afternoon as the scoring average was 76.76. In total, 16 players found themselves at even par or better and will look to make a surge during tomorrow’s “moving” day at the North Amateur. Winds are expected to make a presence during the latter parts of the morning and into the afternoon.
The second round of the North Amateur at Timarron Country Club will begin again at 8:00 am off #1 and #10 tees. Jackson will begin his round early at 8:09am while Johnson will be shortly after at 8:36am off #10 tee. Once the second round has concluded, players will be repaired based on their 36 hole total with the leaders going off last (approx. 9:57am) on Sunday morning. For complete results, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes