Texas Cup Invitational Moves to Ridglea Country Club
DALLAS – Ridglea Country Club is set to host the Texas Cup Invitational on Nov. 4-5, 2017. The 78-player field will take on the North Course’s narrow fairways and small greens.
The LJT took over the Texas Cup Invitational in 2008 and has seen the tournament’s field strength grow each year. The field strength has been near the top of the Golfweek rankings each of the last five years, ranking 30th in 2012, 34th in 2013, 23rd in 2014, 27th in 2015 and 25th last year.
Lewisville’s Ryan Grider won last year’s Texas Cup Invitational by one stroke over Carrollton’s Kyle Cox. Grider fired rounds of 67-66 to win his second LJT Major event. The University of Baylor golfer played back-to-back bogey free rounds with nine birdies scattered throughout 36 holes, including the par-4 18th on Sunday to win the tournament. Plano’s Pierceson Coody finished third, while Trey Bosco finished fourth and Crosby Guercio, Landon Ernst and Parker Coody tied for fifth.
Winners of various state championships from around Texas were invited to compete in the invitational along with the Byron Nelson Junior Champion, Luke Dossey, The Texas State Junior Champion, Jansen Smith and the George Hannon Junior Invitational Champion, Garrett Martin. Exemptions were also handed out to winners of open LJT events as well as several Alliance Partner events.
The boys-only field will consist of 78 players, which will compete in 36 holes of stroke play competition. Along with the Golfweek ranking, the invitational will be ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard and will distribute numerous AJGA PBE stars to the top finishers, including fully exempt status to the winner. Points towards the Player of the Year standings will be doubled and this is the final event of the season for players to earn points towards their Jackie Burke Cup teams.
Ridglea Country Club is hosting the Texas Cup Invitational for the first time. The event has spent the last four years at Mira Vista Country Club and the five before that at The Honors Golf Club of Dallas. The North Course was originally designed by John Bredemus in 1928 and was redesigned by Ralph Plummer in 1954 and again by Jay Morrish in 1987. The course features Tifsport fairways and Tifeagle greens and has hosted numerous events including U.S. Open and Amateur qualifiers as well as the 1990 National Big I Junior, which was won by Tiger Woods.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes