Josh Irving and Will Osborne Defend Their Title at 2018 North Four-Ball
Euless, TX – Josh Irving and Will Osborne carded a six-under-par 65 to capture the North Four-Ball Championship for the second year in a row. Three teams tied for second with a round of five-under-par 66. The North Four-Ball Championship was reduced to a 18 hole Championship after TGA Officials canceled Saturday’s round due to inclement golf course conditions.
Starting off the first hole, Irving and Osborne got off to a shaky start with a bogey on the par four second. Over the next 10 holes though, the duo carded five birdies and an eagle on the reachable par five, 10th. Irving began the run that eventually lead them to victory on the 420 yard, par four, fourth. After their second and last bogey of the round on the 431 yard, par four, 13th, Irving and Osborne came into the 18th hole needing a birdie to overcome the crowded leaderboard. History was to repeat itself as they birded the last hole in the 2017 North Four-Ball at Sky Creek Ranch Golf Club to beat the hard fought duo of Zach Atkinson and Brad Gibson, who added another second place to their resume.
Joining Atkinson and Gibson for a three way tie of second place was Christopher Wheeler and Derek Abel and Blake Vinson and David Klaudt. Playing in the same pairing, Atkinson/Gibson and Wheeler/Abel both played stellar golf as both teams managed to keep their scorecard clean of any bogeys. Gibson/Atkinson started their hot round early as they birdied the first two of three holes. Vinson and Klaudt carded six birdies with their lone bogey on the 425 yard, par 4, first, their first hole of the day.
After Saturday’s round of the North Four-Ball Championship was canceled due to inclement weather and course conditions, TGA Officials has reduced the Championship to 18 holes on Sunday. The last time the North Four-Ball was reduced to an 18 hole Championship was in 2014 when the team of Scott Maurer and Peyton Cook shot 11-under, 61. Maurer and Cook finished this year two shots behind Irving and Osborne, good for a tie for 5th place.
Texas Star Golf Course received to date on Saturday, nine inches of rain over the past week and made the golf unplayable. However, with a break in the weather with the sun appearing Saturday afternoon and favorable conditions on Sunday, players were treated with a warm 65 degrees and sunny day by mid-morning.
Teams finishing in the top five (and ties) receive an exemption into the 2018 Texas Four-Ball Championship to be played at challenging Maridoe Golf Club in Carrollton, Texas. The Texas Four-Ball Championship will be played on May 10th-12th, with a change in schedule during the week in observance of Mother’s Day on Sunday, May 13th.
The Texas Golf Association would like to thank all the members, grounds staff, as well as the professional staff at Texas Star Golf Course for their superior efforts in getting the golf course prepared with what they were dealt in the days leading up to the North Four-Ball. The TGA North Regional Series will continue next at Diamond Oaks Country Club for the North Mid-Amateur Championship on March 23rd-25th. For complete results and information regarding the North Four-Ball, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes