McKinney's Jake Kuwtizky Finishes Strong in Opening Round of Spring Preview
CYPRESS – Jake Kuwitzky of McKinney fired a 3-under-par 69 on Saturday to lead the Boys 15-18 Division of the Spring Preview at BlackHorse Golf Club. Zachary Kingsland shot 2-under 70 and leads the Boys 14 & Under Division, while Calynne Rosholt and Jacqueline Nguyen are tied atop the Girls 12-18 Division.
Kuwitzky, who won the LJT Jimmy Demaret Junior Classic at Lakecliff Country Club last year, made three birdies and an eagle on Saturday to get to 3-under. The 2019 grad went out in 1-over after starting his round on hole No. 10, but made an eagle on the par-5 third hole and then closed with back-to-back-to-back birdies on holes seven, eight and nine to finish his round at 3-under.
Trailing Kuwitzky by two strokes is defending champion Brendan Powers of Mansfield and Truett Burns of Fredericksburg. Both players posted rounds of 1-under 71 on BlackHorse Golf Club’s North Course. Powers played steady golf through the day with two birdies, one bogey and 15 pars, while Burns totaled five birdies along with four bogeys and nine pars.
Austin’s Prayaag Oruganti and Dallas’ Connor Adams are tied for fourth in the Boys 15-18 Division at even-par 72, while Kingwood’s Damin Strydom, Houston's Logan Gould and Pearland’s Vishnu Sadagopan are tied for sixth at 1-over 73.
Austin Chung, Andy Yang, Gaven Lane, Jack Lawlor, Andrew Rodriguez and Thomas Bockholt III are tied for ninth at 2-over followed by Preston Holmes, Cole Sherwood, Evan Vo, Christian Hernandez and Shaheen Momin in a tie for 15th at 3-over.
Austin’s Kingsland made six birdies in his round, including the par-5 18th, which played to 477 yards in the Boys 14 & Under Division. Kingsland leads Carson Ezell of The Woodlands by two strokes in the Boys 14 & Under Division.
Sebastian Moss and Keaton Vo are tied for third in the division, while Tram Le and Christian Clark are tied for fifth.
Le hit the shot of the day on the 182-yard 16th hole. The 2022 high school grad hit a 4-irong for his fourth career hole-in-one.
Cedar Park’s Rosholt and Houston’s Nguyen are tied for the lead in the Girls 12-18 Division after shooting 1-over 73 in the first round. Rosholt started her day with three birdies in her first five holes. Nguyen made birdies on the par-4 fifth, the par-5 eighth and the par-4 10th in her first round.
Trailing the leaders in the Girls 12-18 Division are Houston’s Zoe Slaughter, Ashley Yen and Tiffany Nguyen, who all shot 3-over 75 and are tied for third. Sora Kim sits in sixth place at 4-over 76, while four girls sit in a tie for seventh at 5-over 77.
The Spring Preview returned to BlackHorse Golf Club in 2018, but the tournament is being held on the North Course. The course was designed by the Jacobson-Hardy firm and stretches out to 6,936 yards in the Boys 15-18 Division, 6,414 yards in
the Boys 14 & Under Division and 5,976 yards in the Girls 12-18 Division.
The Final Round of the Spring Preview is scheduled to start at 8:00 am on Sunday, March 4. Players will tee off the No. 1 and 10 tees in the morning at BlackHorse Golf Club. To see all the scores from Saturday, click here. For more information about the Spring Preview, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes