Kingsland, Bockholt and Nguyen Victorious at Spring Preview
CYPRESS – Thomas Bockholt III fired a 6-under 66 on Sunday to win the Boys 15-18 Division of the Spring Preview at BlackHorse Golf Club. Zachary Kingsland completed his wire-to-wire victory in the Boys 14 & Under Division, while Jacqueline
Nguyen shot even-par 72 to win the Girls 12-18 Division.
Bockholt played sensationally on Sunday, making seven birdies along with one bogey and 10 pars. The Austin native was bogey free and 6-under through his first 16 holes before making a bogey on the par-4 17th. He bounced back with a birdie on the 528-yard 18th to finish at 4-under-par 140 overall for 36 holes.
McKinney’s Jake Kuwitzky finished runner-up in the Boys 15-18 Division. The first-round leader followed up his 69 in the first round with a 2-over 74 in the second round. He made a birdie on the par-3 second but double-bogeyed the par-4 fifth to go out in 1-over. He made birdie on the par-3 14th, but bogeys on Nos. 16 and 18 dropped him back to 2-over on the day.
Kingwood’s Damin Strydom finished third in the division at even-par 144. Strydom posted rounds of 73-71 to get to 144 overall. Austin’s Cole Sherwood finished fourth at 1-over 145, while Andy Yang, Austin Chung and defending champion Brendan Powers finished tied for fifth at 2-over 146.
Evan Vo, Garrison Hoyt and Truett Burns rounded out the top ten by finishing tied for eighth at 147 overall.
Kingsland played well through 36 holes at BlackHorse Golf Club to win the Boys 14 & Under Division. The Austin native finished
at 1-under 143 and five strokes ahead of the field. Kingsland made three birdies on Sunday along with two bogeys, a double bogey and 12 pars.
Carson Ezell of The Woodlands finished second in the division at 148 overall, while Austin’s Keaton Vo finished third at 151 overall. Christian Clark and Sebastian Moss finished tied for fourth in the division at 154 overall.
Houston’s Nguyen posted rounds of 73-72 to get to 1-over 145 overall and finished one stroke ahead of Austin’s Calynne Rosholt in the Girls 12-18 Division.
Nguyen started her second round with back-to-back birdies on No. 10 and 11, then played the next seven holes 1-over to go out at 1-under-par. She made bogey on her first two holes after the turn, but birdied the par-5 third and then birdied the par-4 seventh to get to even-par on the day and 145 overall.
Rosholt matched her Round 1 total of 73 with another 1-over 73 on Sunday. She made three birdies on her first nine holes after starting her round on No. 10, but bogeys on holes No. 2, 4 and 8 to fall to 1-over on the day and 146 overall.
Houston’s Zoe Slaughter finished third at 151 overall, while Austin’s Chandler Rosholt, Fricos’ Caroline Kent and Boerne’s Delaney Martin tied for fourth at 153 overall.
Sora Kim finished eighth, while Amanda Jones and Tiffany Nguyen tied for eighth and rounded out the top 10 of the Girls 12-18 Division.
BlackHorse Golf Club has hosted the Spring Preview the past five years. This is the first year that the event was held on the North Course. The North Course was stretched out to 6,936 yards for the Boys 15-18 Division, 6,414 yards in the Boys 14 & Under Division and 5,976 yards in the Girls 12-18 Division.
The next event up on the Legends Junior Tour Schedule is the Collegiate Preview at Cimarron Hills Golf and Country Club on March 12-13 and then the Jimmy Demaret Junior Classic at The Hills Of Lakeway’s Live Oak Course on March 15-16.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes