Martin Shoots 5-under in Second Round to Lead Collegiate Preview
GEORGETOWN – Garrett Martin leads the Boys Division of the Collegiate Preview after shooting 5-under 67 in the second round. Zoe Slaughter leads the Girls Division after shooting 75-78 at Cimarron Hills Golf & Country Club.
The Collegiate Preview is a 54-hole event for players that are 14 years and older and have a current membership with the Texas Junior Golf Alliance. Players played 36 holes on Monday after an 8:30 am shotgun start. The event is modeled after a college-style event and prepares kids for competing at the next level.
San Antonio’s Martin started his day by shooting 2-over 74 in the first round, making three birdies in the frigid and windy temperatures. The Texas Tech commit then played bogey-free in the afternoon, adding a birdie on the par-4 sixth and two eagles on his back nine.
Martin is looking to win his second Legends Junior Tour event after winning the George Hannon Junior Invitational in 2017. Trailing the leader by five strokes is League City’s Christian Hernandez, who posted two rounds of 1-over 73 to get to 2-over 146 after 36 holes.
Arlington’s Caleb Hicks sits alone in third place after shooting 5-over 149 during Monday’s two rounds. The UT Arlington commit made six birdies on the day and posted rounds of 77-72.
Irving’s Forrest Park, Granbury’s Tucker Allen and League City’s Niko Nebout are tied for fourth at 7-over 151 heading into Tuesday’s final round. Austin’s Trey Bosco is seventh at 8-over 152, Frisco’s Dawson Ovard is eighth at 10-over 154 and
Mansfield’s Brendan Powers, Spring’s Matthew Spaulding, The Woodlands' Christopher McDonald and League City’s Andre Jacobs are tied for ninth at 11-over 155.
Slaughter leads the Girls Division by four strokes at 9-over 153 overall. The Houston native made four birdies on the day including back-to-back birdies on holes 17 and 18 during her first round. Playing in her fourth LJT event this season, Slaughter is looking to win her fist event since the 2017 Lanny Wadkins Junior Championship.
Trailing Slaughter is defending champion Elina Sinz, who posted rounds of 80-77 to get to 13-over 157. The Katy native made two birdies on the day, making a three on the 354-yard 13th hole in the first round and a two on the 137-yard 17th in the second round.
Round Rock's Lily Gulley is tied with Austin's Lauren May at 172 overall, while Boerne's Delaney Martin rounds out the top five at 173 overall.
Cimarron Hills Golf & Country Club is hosting the Collegiate Preview for the first time. Cimarron Hills was designed by Jack Nicklaus and features a fun layout with firm greens and soft bunkers. The LJT returns to Cimarron Hills for the first time since the 2011 Match Play Championship.
The final round of the Collegiate Preview is scheduled to start at 8:15 am on Tuesday off the No. 1 & 10 tees. Players were grouped according to score from the first two rounds with the leaders of each division teeing off at 10:03 am.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes