Anna Schultz Wins Eclectic in Playoff
Anna Schultz Wins Eclectic in Playoff
Austin – Anna Schultz won the Women’s Eclectic in a sudden-death playoff against Kathy Skinner at the Onion Creek Club. Both players’ eclectic score was a one-under-par, 69. In the Overall Net Championship, Brenda Candelet came from behind and won with an overall score of 12-under-par, 58.
Anna Schultz of Heath was the solo overnight leader headed into the final round of The Eclectic Championship. She was three-over-par in the first round and flipped the script in the second round. Carding two pars where she made bogies in the first round, she made a birdie on the par five, seventh for a two stroke swing.
Kathy Skinner from The Hills, arguably had an even more impressive second round. Skinner trailed Schultz by three after the first round and by the time she finished her round, she was tied with Schultz at one-under. Skinner’s most important hole was the 13th where she made double-bogey in the first round. A par in the second round helped get her into the playoff.
In the playoff, the competitors played the first hole and recorded a par, five. Playing the hole again, Skinner was forced to lay up after her tee shot found the trees on the right. Schultz, hitting her third, knocked it to three feet. Skinner needed to make 40 foot putt from the back of green for par to continue adding pressure to Schultz. Skinner’s putt came up a foot short and Schultz’s birdie settled in the bottom of the cup and Anna Schultz became the 2018 Eclectic Champion.
For the Overall Net Title, Brenda Candelet of Houston was making everything during the final round. Candelet trailed the three leaders by 13 strokes. Her round was highlighted by two net eagles on the seventh and eighteenth holes, both par fives and eight net birdies. At the end of the round, her 12-under-par eclectic total of 58 was one better than Jennifer Leblanc of Magnolia, Marti Gebert of Boerne and Claudia Willis of Montgomery.
The Eclectic players were split equally into seven flights based on Handicap Index. In the first flight, Carol Turnage took the gross title and Sherri Buster took the net. The Second flight’s winners were Kathy Skinner in the gross division and Michaelyn Farmer in the net division. Debbie Clemens won the gross title in and Cynthia Birch the net in the third flight. In the fourth flight, Claudia Willis captured the gross title and Judy Harris took home the net title. The fifth flight saw Margaret Bosman as the gross winner holder and B.A. Needham the net. Patsy Hughes was on top of the leaderboard of the gross division and Marlene Womack won the net in the sixth flight. Finally in the seventh flight, Marti Gebert won the gross division and Jennifer Leblanc was champion of the net.
The Texas Golf Association would like to thank the hard working professional, maintenance and food and beverage staff of the Onion Creek Club. The course was in spectacular condition and every player raved about their time at the club.
For more information regarding The Eclectic including scores and statistics, please click here
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes