Jimmy Demaret Junior Classic Hits 10th Year
DALLAS— The LJT Jimmy Demaret Junior Classic moves back to The Hills Country Club on March 15-16 and is the fifth tournament thus far in 2018. The Live Oak Course is hosting the event for the first time.
The event is named after one of Texas’ true golfing legends, Jimmy Demaret, who won three Masters Tournaments and 31 PGA Tour events in a career that spanned from 1935-57. He became the first three-time winner of the Masters after his victory in 1950 and was elected into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 1983. The inaugural event was held at Onion Creek Club in 2008.
The tournament is scheduled for 36 holes of stroke play, 18 holes on both Thursday and Friday. The event features 84 golfers playing in three different divisions: Boys 15-18, Boys 14 & Under and the Girls 12-18 Divisions. This is the second of two tournaments during Texas’ Spring Break Week in 2018. The Collegiate Preview was the first event, held on March 12-13 at Cimarron Hills Golf & Country Club.
In addition to being ranked by Golfweek and Junior Golf Scoreboard, players compete for AJGA Performance Stars as well as exemptions into Legends Junior Tour invitational events like the Byron Nelson Junior Championship, Texas Junior Amateur, Texas Cup Invitational, and Texas Girls’ Invitational.
In the heart of the Austin Hill Country, The Hills Country Club’s Live Oak Golf Course was designed by Leon Howard and will stretch out to 6,717 yards in the Boys 15-18 Division, 6,234 yards in the Boys 14 & Under Division and 6,076 yards in the Girls 12-18 Division.
McKinney’s Jake Kuwitzky won last year’s Jimmy Demaret Junior Classic at Lakecliff Country Club. The Texas Tech commit played well through 36 holes, shooting 66-68 to get to 8-under-par overall and one stroke ahead of the field. Kuwitzky returns to the Jimmy Demaret Junior Classic in 2018 coming off a runner-up finish at the Spring Preview at BlackHorse Golf Club on March 3-4.
Sugarland’s Shaheen Momin won the Boys 14 & Under Division in 2017, shooting 66-71 to get to 5-under 137 overall and three strokes ahead of Shoichiro Kato. Austin’s Madelyn Jones won the Girls 12-18 Division after posting rounds of 66-70 to get to 136 overall and two strokes ahead of eventual Girls Player of the Year Hailey Jones of Dallas.
Other past champions of this event include Cooper Dossey, Philip Barbaree, Cole Hammer, Annika Clark, Maddie Szeryk, Tayler Termeer, Mac Meissner, Macy Fox and Libby Thomas.
Tee times are scheduled to begin at 8:30 AM on Thursday, March 15. Players will tee off the Nos. 1 & 10 tees with the last tee time coming around 10:30 AM. Pairings for the final round on Friday will be adjusted according to scores from the previous round and they will start at 8:30 AM on March 16.
For more information about the Jimmy Demaret Junior Classic, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes