Cull, Hankamer, Anderson Sit Atop a Crowded Leaderboard at Jimmy Demaret Junior Classic
LAKEWAY, Texas – Mansfield’s Casey Cull, Temple’s Dallas Hankamer, and Granbury’s Dustin Anderson sit atop a crowded leaderboard at the Jimmy Demaret Junior Classic. The trio each carded 2-over 74’s Thursday afternoon.
Spring’s Madison Freemen, who just came off a third-place finish at the LJT Collegiate Preview, sits atop the Girls 12-18 division after a 2-under 70 at The Hills Country Club’s Live Oak course. Zachary Kingsland will look for his second straight Boys 14 & Under division title after a 2-under 73 in Thursday’s first round.
Nestled in the hill country with views of Lake Travis, the Live Oak course at The Hills Country Club winds through the Lakeway neighborhoods and features narrow fairways with small, turtleback greens that challenge players. This is the first time the Live Oak course has hosted a Legends Junior Tour event. The course is playing 6,717 yards for the Boys 15-18 division, 6,234 yards for the Boys 14 & Under division and 6,076 yards for all girls.
In the Boys 15-18 division, Cull, Hankamer, and Anderson all started on the par-4 10th hole. All three players started off slow, but then settled into their round after that. Cull was even-par on his opening nine, but double-bogeyed the par-4 first hole followed, by a bogey on the second. He had two birdies in his last nine holes to get a few back and finish at 2-over 74.
Hankamer, shot 1-over 37 on each of his nines for his 2-over 74. He had two birdies on his opening nine, including the difficult par-4 14th and the picturesque 18th hole. On his back nine, he carded a birdie on the par-5 fifth but had two bogeys.
Anderson’s round was more colorful. He had an eagle on the par-5 11th, his second of the day, but bookended that with bogeys on his opening hole and the 12th. He then had back-to-back-to-back birdies on holes 13-15 before a double-bogey on the par-3 17th. Anderson carded only one birdie against four bogeys on his closing nine to post his 2-over 74.
Spicewood’s Hunter McDonough sits in fourth place. Matthew Spaulding, Shaheen Momin, Tucker Allen and Mason Dropkin sit in tie for fifth. Sean-Karl Dobson and Andrew Spaulding sit in a tie for ninth, just three shots back of the leading trio. In all, 18 players sit within five shots of the lead heading into Friday’s final round.
In the Girls 12-18 division Freeman continued her good play from Monday and Tuesday’s Collegiate Preview. She bogeyed the par-4, second hole, but then birdied three of four holes in the middle her front nine, to make the turn at 2-under. She carded two birdies against two bogeys on the back nine to give her a one shot lead heading into Friday’s final round.
Maddi Olsen of Abilene sits alone in second place after a first round 1-under 71. She had five birdies, including the difficult par-4 14th hole, against just four bogeys. Austin’s Chandler Rosholt sits in third place after a 2-over 74. Elise Parel sits in fourth and Brooke Biermann rounds out the top five.
Kingsland started off rough, with a triple bogey on the second hole. He righted the ship with an eagle on the par-5, fifth hole, followed by birdies on the sixth and eighth holes. He went out in 1-under on his opening loop, and followed it up with a 1-under on his back nine as well. He birdied the par-4 18th to take a three-shot lead heading into Friday.
Sebastian Moss of Pearland sits in second place after a 1-over 73 that included three birdies against four bogeys. The current leader on the Boys 14 & Under Player of the Year Points List, Keaton Vo, sits in third place after a 4-over 76. Jonathan Kim sits in fourth, and Andrew Petruzzelli and Grant Yerger round out the top five.
Friday’s final round of the Jimmy Demaret Junior Classic is scheduled to begin at 8:30 am off the first and 10th tees. For more information on the championship, please click here.
For first round results, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes