Atkinson Maintains Lead at North Mid-Am
Atkinson Maintains Leads at North Mid-Amateur
Fort Worth – Zach Atkinson shot a 2-under-par, 68 to maintain his three shot advantage at the North Mid-Amateur at Diamond Oaks Country Club. Will Osborne continues to trail by three after shooting a 2-under-par as well.
Atkinson backed up his five under first round with a two under par, 68 after completion of the second round. The Colleyville native got off to another strong start by making birdie on holes three and five. In addition to making birdie on those two holes in the second round, Atkinson made a birdie on both of them in the first round as well. Following the birdie on the fifth, Atkinson made pars coming in and then again on holes 10 and 11. His lone bogey of the day came on the par three 12th when he failed to get up and down after missing the green right. A bounce-back birdie on the 14th got him back to 2-under for the round.
For Atkinson, converting the 36-hole lead would reward him with his third North Mid-Amateur title in six years. Atkinson won the championship in 2013 and 2015 at Trophy Club Country Club (Hogan Course).
Remaining just three back of Atkinson is Fort Worth’s Will Osborne. He too got off to a quick start with a birdie on the first. However, he surrendered it back on third hole. A birdie-bogey trade off on the fifth and sixth holes ultimately propelled him to a run of three-straight birdies on holes eight through ten. Osborne bogeyed the 15th hole which resulted in him carding a 2-under, 68.
One of the low rounds of the day belonged to Lewisville’s Brad Gibson who shot a three under, 67 to jump him up to the final pairing for the last round. Gibson made six birdies on the day including five on the course’s front side, his back side for the round.
The low round of the day went to Chris Wheeler of Addison. Wheeler made a total of five birdies and a bogey which lead to a 4-under-par, 66. Wheeler used moving day to his advantage, landing a starting time in the penultimate group.
In the Mid-Master Recognition, Aledo’s Wayne Wright shot a 3-under, 67 to skyrocket up the leaderboard. His second round total was seven strokes better than the first round which brought him to a 1-over-par total. Just a shot back from Wright is his Ridglea Country Club, club mate, Gary Ezmerlian. The Fort Worth resident shot a second round score of even par to maintain his 2-over-par total.
The Mid-Master Recognition is for players that are or over the age of 40 by the start of the first round. In addition to the title of Low Mid-Master, the title winner earns an exemption into the Texas Mid-Amateur to be contested at River Oak Country Club in Houston.
Tee times for the final round of the North Mid-Amateur will commence at 8:00 AM tomorrow off holes #1 and #10 tee. Atkinson will look to convert his 36-hole lead into his third title starting at 9:57 am off the first tee. For more information and scores from the second round of the North Mid-Amateur, please click here
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsOh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...A lovely man, was so kind to me when I worked over there. Have such positive memories of him. RIP John33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...
- EMMA MCMYLER is your 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur Champion! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 23 CommentsWay to go, Emma! 👏⛳️🎊Congratulations Emma! So proud of you!!Congrats Emma. Great result. Up Louisburgh!!64 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post The four semifinalists competing to advance to the championship round of the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur have began their matches!
live scoring: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 9 Likes
- We want to thank all of our amazing volunteers who came out to help at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur!
This wouldn’t be possible without you guys
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 1 CommentsThank you! USGA Volunteers!15 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post After 2 rounds of match play, these elite 8 players will compete tomorrow in the quarterfinals.
scores from this afternoon: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 8 Likes
- The day is not over yet 🤯 The 16 winners of this morning’s matches are going back out again!
The second round of matches is underway at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 1 CommentsWatching and cheering the women golfers on from Fair Oaks Ranch!10 Likes
- The TGA sincerely thanks the all River Crest Country Club staff and grounds crew. The 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur couldn’t happen without you and we are grateful for all your hard work.
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 3 CommentsWe couldn’t have wonderful courses without them-thanks!!At every course this is the group of men/women that make it possible for their members to enjoy the sport ...River Crest is so beautiful!26 Likes
- and just like that, match 1 is over 😱 with no. 1 seed Kenlie Barrett defeating no. 32 seed Cari Denson at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur
(8 & 7)!!
keep following along: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is ... 3 Likes