Atkinson Maintains Lead at North Mid-Am
Atkinson Maintains Leads at North Mid-Amateur
Fort Worth – Zach Atkinson shot a 2-under-par, 68 to maintain his three shot advantage at the North Mid-Amateur at Diamond Oaks Country Club. Will Osborne continues to trail by three after shooting a 2-under-par as well.
Atkinson backed up his five under first round with a two under par, 68 after completion of the second round. The Colleyville native got off to another strong start by making birdie on holes three and five. In addition to making birdie on those two holes in the second round, Atkinson made a birdie on both of them in the first round as well. Following the birdie on the fifth, Atkinson made pars coming in and then again on holes 10 and 11. His lone bogey of the day came on the par three 12th when he failed to get up and down after missing the green right. A bounce-back birdie on the 14th got him back to 2-under for the round.
For Atkinson, converting the 36-hole lead would reward him with his third North Mid-Amateur title in six years. Atkinson won the championship in 2013 and 2015 at Trophy Club Country Club (Hogan Course).
Remaining just three back of Atkinson is Fort Worth’s Will Osborne. He too got off to a quick start with a birdie on the first. However, he surrendered it back on third hole. A birdie-bogey trade off on the fifth and sixth holes ultimately propelled him to a run of three-straight birdies on holes eight through ten. Osborne bogeyed the 15th hole which resulted in him carding a 2-under, 68.
One of the low rounds of the day belonged to Lewisville’s Brad Gibson who shot a three under, 67 to jump him up to the final pairing for the last round. Gibson made six birdies on the day including five on the course’s front side, his back side for the round.
The low round of the day went to Chris Wheeler of Addison. Wheeler made a total of five birdies and a bogey which lead to a 4-under-par, 66. Wheeler used moving day to his advantage, landing a starting time in the penultimate group.
In the Mid-Master Recognition, Aledo’s Wayne Wright shot a 3-under, 67 to skyrocket up the leaderboard. His second round total was seven strokes better than the first round which brought him to a 1-over-par total. Just a shot back from Wright is his Ridglea Country Club, club mate, Gary Ezmerlian. The Fort Worth resident shot a second round score of even par to maintain his 2-over-par total.
The Mid-Master Recognition is for players that are or over the age of 40 by the start of the first round. In addition to the title of Low Mid-Master, the title winner earns an exemption into the Texas Mid-Amateur to be contested at River Oak Country Club in Houston.
Tee times for the final round of the North Mid-Amateur will commence at 8:00 AM tomorrow off holes #1 and #10 tee. Atkinson will look to convert his 36-hole lead into his third title starting at 9:57 am off the first tee. For more information and scores from the second round of the North Mid-Amateur, please click here
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes