Mike Peck wins North Senior Amateur in Playoff
Mike Peck wins North Senior Amateur in Playoff
Lewisville, TX – Mike Peck won the North Senior Amateur in a three-hole playoff over Lewis Stephenson and Wayne Wright. Geoffrey Westapher came from behind to claim the Super-Senior Title.
Mike Peck started his day trailing the overnight leader Chuck Palmer by five strokes. The Irving native battled through his round and shot the low round of the day with an even-par, 72. That score vaulted him up the leaderboard as Palmer struggled with final round, 81.
Playing in the final group with Palmer was Mansfield’s Stephenson and Aledo’s Wright. Both Stephenson and Wright shot opening rounds of 1-under-par, 71 and followed suit with matching 3-over, 75s in the final round.
At the conclusion of 36-holes, Peck, Stephenson and Wright were all tied with a combined score of 146, 2-over-par.
Using the course’s first hole as the first playoff hole, Stephenson and Wright were left with about 30 feet for birdie while Peck needed to get up-and-down from behind the green. Peck hit an impressive chip to tap in distance for his par. Wright put his putt five feet past the hole while Stephenson left his just next to the cup. Wright missed his par attempt and was eliminated from the playoff.
Peck and Stephenson made par on Castle Hill’s ninth hole before they returned to the first hole for the third playoff hole.
Both players found the green in two and had a chance to make birdie. Putting first from 35 feet, Peck hit his uphill putt firm and rolled it right into the hole. Stephenson’s putt down the hill from just inside 30 feet came up short and Mike Peck had won the 2018 North Senior Amateur.
For Peck, it was a bit of redemption after finishing runner-up the past two years in the event. This was Peck’s first title with the Texas Golf Association since the 2014 Mid-Amateur Match Play and the 2013 Texas Senior Amateur. He was also Senior Player of the Year in 2013.
In the Super-Senior flight, Geoffrey Westapher trailed overnight leaders Joel Eastman and Bill Holestead by two. Westapher, Coppell, carded two birdies which helped him to his second straight round of 4-over-par, 76. Finishing one shot behind Westapher was Carrollton’s Lewis Standfield and three behind was Granbury’s James Long.
This was Westapher’s first Super-Senior title with the Texas Golf Association but is a two-time defending champion of The Lakes at Castle Hills’ Super-Senior Club Champion.
The Lakes at Castle Hills opened its doors in 1999 with a Jay Morrish & Associates design that requires as much precision as it does power. The course features MiniVerde greens, premium Arkansas white crushed quartz bunkers and 419 Bermuda grass fairways and rough.
The Texas Golf Association would like to thank the entire professional and maintenance staff of The Lakes at Castle Hills. The course was in excellent condition and the player felt welcomed at every opportunity.
The North Regional Series will take a take a break as Qualifying for the 109th Texas Amateur at Whispering Pines Golf Club begins. The North Amateur will be contested at Stonebridge Ranch Country Club (Dye Course) on August 10-12. For more information including scores from the North Senior Amateur, please click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes