Two Teams Tied Atop Texas Women's Partnership Leaderboard
FAIR OAKS RANCH, TEXAS – Defending champions Camm Dougherty and Leslie McCallick are tied with Fair Oaks Ranch natives Sandi Fedor and Carolyn Gill atop the 2018 Texas Women’s Partnership at Fair Oaks Ranch Golf & Country Club.
The Texas Women’s Partnership is a two-player team format where both balls count on each hole and points are earned by each partner for each hole played. The 36-hole event is a net tournament where players will meet point quotas based on their course handicaps and the difference will be added or subtracted to the team’s overall score. Both teams accumulated 19 points in the first round and lead the overall event.
Corpus Christi’s Dougherty scored 45 points to her 42-point quota, while Horseshoe Bay’s McCallick made three birdies and scored 55 points to her 36-point quota on Monday. The pair is looking to win its third Women’s Partnership overall championship after winning at The Clubs at Prestonwood last year.
Fedor and Gill, who are members at Fair Oaks Ranch Golf & Country Club, played equally impressive at the Live Oak Course. Gill made a birdie on the par-4 13th hole, but the shot of the day came from her 7-wood on No. 16, which traveled 120 yards for a hole-in-one on the par-3. Fedor made back-to-back birdies on holes 11-12 after they started on hole No. 9.
Trailing the leaders in the overall division are Donna Brady and Meredith Tucker with 18 points. Tucker made four birdies on the day, while Brady, who is also a member at Fair Oaks Ranch Golf & Country Club, made one birdie in her round.
Alisa Kennedy and Cathy Gibson are in third place in the division with 16 points, while four other teams are tied at 15 points overall heading into the second round.
Players’ quotas are adjusted by 50-percent for the final round. Players that surpassed their round 1 quotas will be required to meet the adjusted quota, while players that missed their quotas in the opening round will have a chance to bounce back on Tuesday.
Players in the field were placed into Flights based on their combined team handicap index. All teams are looking to win the overall championship, but all five flights will award the top three finishers after the final round tomorrow.
Dougherty and McCallick lead Flight 1 with 19 points, Launa Crites and Debbie Clemens lead Flight 2 with 11 points, Fedor and Gill lead Flight 3 with 19 points, Alisa Kennedy and Cathy Gibson lead Flight 4 with 16 points and Sandy Dalehite and Dolly Wolf lead Flight 5 with 14 points.
Points are accrued for each hole based on the score made on each hole. A double bogey nets a player one point, a bogey two points, a par three points, a birdie five points, an eagle eight points, a double eagle 10 points and a hole-in-one 12 points.
Fair Oaks Ranch Golf & Country Club sits just north of San Antonio and features 36 holes of championship golf. The Live Oak Course is hosting the Women of the Texas Golf Association for the first time since 2014. The course was originally designed by
Gary Player and Ron Kirby in 1978 and then D.A. Weibring did a redesign of the course in 2006. The Live Oak Course is stretched out to 5,250 yards for all the players in the Partnership.
The final round is scheduled for a shotgun start at 9:00 am on Tuesday at Fair Oaks Ranch Golf & Country Club. For more information on the Texas Women’s Partnership, click here. To see all the scores from Monday’s first round, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes