Dougherty and McCallick Win 20th Texas Women's Partnership
FAIR OAKS RANCH, TEXAS – Camm Dougherty and Leslie McCallick won the 2018 Texas Women’s Partnership at Fair Oaks Ranch Golf & Country Club with an overall score of 34.5 points on Tuesday.
The Texas Women’s Partnership is a two-player team format where both balls count on each hole and points are earned by each partner for each hole played. The 36-hole event is a net tournament where players will meet point quotas based on their course handicaps and the difference will be added or subtracted to the team’s overall score.
Corpus Christi’s Dougherty and Horseshoe Bay’s McCallick earned their third victory in the Women’s Partnership and the second in as many years after winning the overall division in 2017 at The Clubs at Prestonwood.
The duo started on the first hole in the final round and played steadily through the front nine of the course. After making the turn Dougherty rattled off five straight threes on holes 10-14 including four birdies and amassed 23 points in those holes. She finished the day with 60 points and exceeded her quota by 17 to help the team to their back-to-back win.
Points are accrued for each hole based on the score made on each hole. A double bogey nets a player one point, a bogey two points, a par three points, a birdie five points, an eagle eight points, a double eagle 10 points and a hole-in-one 12 points.
The field was divided into five flights based on team’s combined handicap index. The top three spots in each flight were awarded on Tuesday.
Fair Oaks Ranch’s Donna Brady and Meredith Tucker won Flight 1 in the championship with 24 points after two rounds. Michaelyn Farmer and Kathy Skinner placed second in the flight, while Meg Christensen and Carol Turnage finished third.
Sydney Muenster and Lois Pickart of Fair Oaks Ranch won Flight 2 with 17 points. Rhonda Pantoja and Wynn Bray finished second in the flight, while Launa Crites and Debbie Clemens came in third.
Sandi Fedor and Carolyn Gill won Flight 3 with 17.5 total points. Gill made a hole-in-one in the first round and the two Fair Oaks Ranch Golf & Country Club Members were one of three teams from the club to win their flight along with Brady and Tucker and Muenster and Pickart. Jacque Cooper and Diane Dill finished second in the flight, while Frances Cohn and Susan Colburn finished third.
Dede Conner and Debbie Chandler won Flight 4 with 24 total points through 36 holes. Alisa Kennedy and Cathy Gibson finished second in the flight, while Jill Rizzo and Belinda Newman finished third.
Becky Hurlbut and Terri Cantrell won Flight 5 with 22 points total. Brenda Candelet and Irina Polunina finished second after a scorecard playoff determined the flight’s winner. Margaret Lange and Cynthia Gibbs finished third in the flight.
This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Texas Women’s Partnership. Jam Casey and Joyce Kerin won the inaugural event at The Club at Sonterra in 1999. Rebecca Spears was instrumental in creating the Women’s Partnership and was excited about the tournament’s success through the years.
“We were trying to create an event that all golfers could compete in no matter their skill level,” responded Spears on the Women’s Partnership, “The committee did a good job of adding the tournament to the schedule and I’m so happy to see people enjoying it.”
Fair Oaks Ranch Golf & Country Club was opened in 1978 using the original ranch home of Ralph E. Fair Sr. The 14,000-square foot plot was developed into 36 holes of championship golf designed by Gary Player and Ron Kirby. In 2006, D.A. Weibring did a redesign of The Live Oak Course, which hosted the 2018 Texas Women’s Partnership and stretched out to 5,250 yards.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes