Dossey's 5-Under 67 Leads at Bluebonnet Championship
BROWNWOOD, Texas – Austin’s Luke Dossey started his first round at the Bluebonnet Championship with a birdie on the intimidating opening hole. He never looked back en route to a 5-under-par 67 to lead heading into Sunday’s final round.
Dallas’ Ben Delarosa and Keller’s Kaelen Dulany share the lead in the Boys 14 & Under division after carding 3-over-par 75s. Cedar Park’s Calynne Rosholt leads the Girls 12-18 division at Brownwood Country Club after a 4-under-par 68 Saturday afternoon.
The Bluebonnet Championship, now in its 17th year, has been hosted by Brownwood Country Club since its inception in 2001. Brownwood native, Bart Johnson started the event and asked the Legends Junior Tour to conduct the event beginning in 2007. The Championship’s past winners include PGA Tour winners Patrick Reed and Cody Gribble and several notable players that have had very successful college careers.
Since the Legends Junior Tour began conducting the Bluebonnet Championship, it has consistently produced one of the largest, and strongest, fields of the year. This year, the championship had over 225 applications to play in the 132-player field.
After Dossey’s opening birdie, he had an eagle on the par-5 third hole. He played the rest of the front nine bogey-free to go out in 3-under. He birdied the par-5, 10th hole and the difficult par-3 14th hole to get to 5-under for the day. He followed up that birdie with a bogey on the hardest hole of the day, the par-4 14th. It was his lone mistake of the day.
Dossey birdied the final hole, a downhill, par-5 to get back to 5-under, and a one-shot lead heading into Sunday. Carrollton’s Sangmin Park sits alone in second place after a 4-under 68 Saturday morning. He was one of the first groups off and took advantage of the ideal scoring conditions. San Angelo’s Flynn McNabb sits in third place after a 3-under 69. Brian Jennings, Jackson Davenport and Rohit Madireddi carded 2-under 70s to sit in a tie for fourth place. There are seven others that shot 1-under 71 and sit in a tie for seventh.
In the Boys 14 & Under division, Delarosa and Dulany each found different ways to shoot a 3-over 75. Delarosa had a few bogeys and a double-bogey, but had two birdies to offset the mishaps. Dulany, on the other hand, had three bogeys spread throughout his round, with no birdies.
The duo sits two shots ahead of their chasers. Andrew Petruzzelli, Daniel Moon, Jack Gilbert, Keaton Vo, and Sebastian Moss sit in a tie for third, two shots back at 5-over 77.
In the Girls 12-18 division, Rosholt started out steady, carding four pars before her first birdie. She birdied the short, par-5 fifth and finished at 1-under 34 on her opening nine. She came alive on the back, carding three more birdies. She also played a bogey-free round on Saturday afternoon.
Rosholt leads by two shots over Maddi Olson, winner of this year’s Jimmy Demaret Junior Classic in Austin. Olson carded a 2-under 70. Chandler Rosholt, Calynne’s sister, and Haley Vargas, winner of this year’s James A. Ragan Memorial, sit in a tie for third after posting 1-under 71s.
The final round of the Bluebonnet Championship is scheduled to begin at 7:30 AM off the first tee at Brownwood Country Club. For more information on the tournament or the Legends Junior Tour, please visit www.TXGA.org.
For first round results, please click here.
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsThank you TGA for a beautiful tribute to such an amazing man. John was simply the BEST! He will be ...Oh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...
- EMMA MCMYLER is your 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur Champion! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 23 CommentsWay to go, Emma! 👏⛳️🎊Congratulations Emma! So proud of you!!Congrats Emma. Great result. Up Louisburgh!!64 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post The four semifinalists competing to advance to the championship round of the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur have began their matches!
live scoring: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 9 Likes
- We want to thank all of our amazing volunteers who came out to help at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur!
This wouldn’t be possible without you guys
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 1 CommentsThank you! USGA Volunteers!14 Likes