Dossey's 5-Under 67 Leads at Bluebonnet Championship
BROWNWOOD, Texas – Austin’s Luke Dossey started his first round at the Bluebonnet Championship with a birdie on the intimidating opening hole. He never looked back en route to a 5-under-par 67 to lead heading into Sunday’s final round.
Dallas’ Ben Delarosa and Keller’s Kaelen Dulany share the lead in the Boys 14 & Under division after carding 3-over-par 75s. Cedar Park’s Calynne Rosholt leads the Girls 12-18 division at Brownwood Country Club after a 4-under-par 68 Saturday afternoon.
The Bluebonnet Championship, now in its 17th year, has been hosted by Brownwood Country Club since its inception in 2001. Brownwood native, Bart Johnson started the event and asked the Legends Junior Tour to conduct the event beginning in 2007. The Championship’s past winners include PGA Tour winners Patrick Reed and Cody Gribble and several notable players that have had very successful college careers.
Since the Legends Junior Tour began conducting the Bluebonnet Championship, it has consistently produced one of the largest, and strongest, fields of the year. This year, the championship had over 225 applications to play in the 132-player field.
After Dossey’s opening birdie, he had an eagle on the par-5 third hole. He played the rest of the front nine bogey-free to go out in 3-under. He birdied the par-5, 10th hole and the difficult par-3 14th hole to get to 5-under for the day. He followed up that birdie with a bogey on the hardest hole of the day, the par-4 14th. It was his lone mistake of the day.
Dossey birdied the final hole, a downhill, par-5 to get back to 5-under, and a one-shot lead heading into Sunday. Carrollton’s Sangmin Park sits alone in second place after a 4-under 68 Saturday morning. He was one of the first groups off and took advantage of the ideal scoring conditions. San Angelo’s Flynn McNabb sits in third place after a 3-under 69. Brian Jennings, Jackson Davenport and Rohit Madireddi carded 2-under 70s to sit in a tie for fourth place. There are seven others that shot 1-under 71 and sit in a tie for seventh.
In the Boys 14 & Under division, Delarosa and Dulany each found different ways to shoot a 3-over 75. Delarosa had a few bogeys and a double-bogey, but had two birdies to offset the mishaps. Dulany, on the other hand, had three bogeys spread throughout his round, with no birdies.
The duo sits two shots ahead of their chasers. Andrew Petruzzelli, Daniel Moon, Jack Gilbert, Keaton Vo, and Sebastian Moss sit in a tie for third, two shots back at 5-over 77.
In the Girls 12-18 division, Rosholt started out steady, carding four pars before her first birdie. She birdied the short, par-5 fifth and finished at 1-under 34 on her opening nine. She came alive on the back, carding three more birdies. She also played a bogey-free round on Saturday afternoon.
Rosholt leads by two shots over Maddi Olson, winner of this year’s Jimmy Demaret Junior Classic in Austin. Olson carded a 2-under 70. Chandler Rosholt, Calynne’s sister, and Haley Vargas, winner of this year’s James A. Ragan Memorial, sit in a tie for third after posting 1-under 71s.
The final round of the Bluebonnet Championship is scheduled to begin at 7:30 AM off the first tee at Brownwood Country Club. For more information on the tournament or the Legends Junior Tour, please visit www.TXGA.org.
For first round results, please click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes