Adams, Comegys and Parel Lead Flodder Financial Shootout
KATY, Texas – Connor Adams of Dallas outlasted the delays in the first round of the Flodder Financial Shootout to lead the Boys 15-18 Division at The Club at Falcon Point. Austin’s Brian Comegys leads the Boys 14 & Under Division after matching the low score of the day, while Kingwood’s Elise Parel leads the Girls 12-18 Division.
Adams shot a 3-under 69 in the opening round of the tournament and leads by one stroke heading into Tuesday’s final round. After starting his day on hole No. 10, he made five birdies in his round, including three straight on holes two through four.
Trailing Adams in the Boys 15-18 Division is Kingwood’s Holden Hamilton, who shot 2-under 70 with two birdies and an eagle on the 495-yard 16th hole. Plano’s Matthew Comegys sits alone in third at 1-under, while Bryce McCracken, Ethan Dahla and Greg Seo are tied for fourth at even-par 72.
Parel leads the Girls 12-18 Division after shooting 1-over 73 on Monday. She made four birdies in her round and is trailed by Leah Alberto and Isha Dhruva by one stroke.
Kingwood's Alberto and Katy’s Dhruva are paired in the final group on Tuesday. Plano’s Olivia Mitchell is in third place at 5-over, while The Woodland’s Kenlie Barrett and Spring’s Madison Freeman are tied for fourth at 8-over.
Brian Comegys leads the Boys 14 & Under Division by three strokes over Houston’s Jaivir Pande. Brian Comegys shot 3-under, 69 and made birdies after each restart on the day.
“The delays helped me stay loose,” said Brian Comegys after his round, “I would start to tighten up and then come in relax and then go back out and get loose.”
Cypress’ Tomek Pickrell sits in third place in the Boys 14 & Under Division, while Dallas’ Andrew Petruzzelli and Ben Delarosa are tied for fourth in the division.
With storms in the area, play was delayed for the first time on Monday at 10:42 am and resumed at 11:32 am. The second delay for inclement weather was at 12:03 pm and play resumed at 2:03 pm. The final delay of the day came at 2:20 pm and play was resumed at 4:05 pm.
The shot of the day came out of the Boys 15-18 Division, when Cole Wilson of Argyle made a hole-in-one on the 153-yard 13th. The ace was Wilson’s first of his career and he used an 8-iron on the par-3.
The Club at Falcon Point is hosting the Flodder Financial Shootout for the first time in the tournament’s six-year history. The event has been held in the Katy area for its existence and The Club at Falcon Point has served as a good test for the 84-player field.
The final round of the Flodder Financial Shootout is scheduled for Tuesday with tee times starting at 7:30 am off Nos. 1 & 10 tees. For more information on the Flodder Financial Shootout, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes