Adams, Dhruva and Pande Win Flodder Financial Shootout
KATY, Texas – Connor Adams of Dallas won the Boys 15-18 Division of the Flodder Financial Shootout after making par on the first playoff hole at The Club at Falcon Point on Tuesday. Katy’s Isha Dhruva won the Girls 12-18 Division, while Houston’s Jaivir Pande won the Boys 14 & Under Division.
After finishing 36 holes tied with Plano’s Matthew Comegys at 2-under 142, Adams was the first to hit the green in the playoff, which was held on the par-4 18th. Comegys’ second shot found the water behind the green and he rolled his chip just past the hole for his par attempt, settling for a tap-in bogey. Adams, two putted for a par and secured his first victory with the Legends Junior Tour.
League City’s Christian Hernandez finished third in the Boys 15-18 Division after shooting a 4-under 68 in the final round. Hernandez began the day with a par on No. 1, but followed that up with a hole-in-one on the par-3 second. The 140-yard shot took a knock-down 7-iron and was his first hole in one.
Carrollton’s Greg Seo finished fourth in the division at 3-over 147, while Bryce McCracken of Trophy Club finished fifth at 4-over 148. Holden Hamilton finished fifth, Bryce Penn and Ethan Miller tied for seventh and Ethan Dahl and Xing Luo tied for ninth to round out the top 10 in the Boys 15-18 Division.
In the Girls 12-18 Division, Dhruva finished strong in her final round, making birdie on four of her final eight holes to shoot even-par 72 on Tuesday and 146 overall. This was Dhruva’s first win on the Legends Junior Tour and she joins a list of past champions that includes her sister Ashni at the Flodder Financial Shootout.
Kingwood’s Elise Parel finished second in the Girls 12-18 Division at 4-over 149 overall. Parel made the turn at even-par after birdies on holes 15 and 17, but finished with a 4-over 40 in her final nine holes. Fellow Kingwood native Leah Alberto finished third in the division, while The Woodlands’ Kenlie Barrett finished fourth and Magnolia’s Brandee Fleming finished fifth.
Pande won the Boys 14 & Under Division after tying the low round of the week at 4-under 68 and finished with an overall score of 4-under 140. He made two birdies in his first round but followed it up with six in his second round, including three straight on holes five through seven.
Austin’s Brian Comegys finished runner-up in the Boys 14 & Under Division, while Dallas’ Ben Delarosa finished third. Jack Gilbert and Tomek Pickrell tied for fourth in the division.
The Club at Falcon Point was opened in 1986 and was designed by Bruce Devlin and Robert von Hagge. The course features a par-72 layout that can stretch out to 6,800 yards as it navigates through a residential neighborhood. This is the first year that The Club at Falcon Point has hosted the Flodder Financial Shootout.
For more information on the Flodder Financial Shootout, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes