Hamilton, Moon, Kim Capture Alamo Shootout
San Antonio – Kingwood’s Hayes Hamilton captured the Legends Junior Tour Alamo Shootout Tuesday afternoon, firing a 3-under 69 in the final round.
Temple’s Daniel Moon won the Boys 14 & Under division at the Club at Sonterra, while Houston’s Sora Kim won the Girls 12-18 division.
Conducted by the Legends Junior Tour, the Alamo Shootout is in its second year after a return from a five-year hiatus. The Club at Sonterra hosted the event for the first time on its North Course.
The tournament’s first round was scheduled for Monday and all players were on the golf course, but severe weather and torrential downpours forced the tournament committee to suspend play and restart Tuesday. Most competitors had at least 9 holes still to play in their first round when play was suspended Monday afternoon.
The stoppage forced all players to finish their first round and complete their second round Tuesday. Play resumed at 8:30 am and was continuous into the second round following the conclusion of the first round.
After the first round was completed, Hayes Hamilton was one shot off the lead. His brother, Holden, shared the lead with Brady Perkins after a pair of 1-under 71’s. Hayes, who started on the 10th hole both rounds, had a bogey and birdie on his opening nine for his second round, but carded an eagle and birdie coming home to shoot a 3-under 69.
Holden, playing in the group behind his brother, watched it all unfold, but couldn’t quite keep up. He finished runner-up to behind his brother, after an even-par 144 for the tournament. Belton’s Trent Tepera finished in third place after a final round 2-under 70. Early’s Jake Angerstein finished in fourth place and Dallas’ Connor Adams, winner of the 2018 Flodder Financial Shootout, finished in fifth place.
In the Boys 14 & Under division, Moon, carded a final-round 1-over 73. His round included two birdies and three bogeys. He started hot, making a birdie on the difficult par-4, second hole. He made another at the short par-4 11th. He had three bogeys coming home, but the victory was all but his at that point.
New Braunfels’ Boonsrirat finished alone in second place, nine shots behind Moon. He carded rounds of 80-78 for a tournament total 158. Houston’s Brook Morrell rounded out the top three.
In the Girls 12-18 division, Kim came from five shots back after her first round to capture the victory. Her final round 75 vaulted her up from a tie for sixth place after the first round all the way to first. She started her second round with bogeys on the first two holes but steadied herself from then on, only playing the final 16 holes in 1-over.
The first round leader, Elle Fox, struggled in her second round, but still managed to finish tied for second after a disappointing 83 in the final round. She tied with San Antonio’s Kelli Ann Dugan. Both girls shot a 158 tournament total.
The Legends Junior Tour’s next stop will be in Horseshoe Bay, Texas for the Texas Junior Amateur. One of the largest and oldest state championships in the country, the championship will be played on Horseshoe Bay Resort’s Summit Rock and Slick Rock golf courses July 23-25.
For final results from the Alamo Shootout, please click here.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes